Author Topic: Status and Projections for Next Year  (Read 60608 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: Status and Projections for Next Year
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2009, 11:42:08 AM »

The entire army.  The children are fuzzy because they would not stand still; you know how fidgety children get.
As far as I am concerned, Ilian is now a complete army and I don't plan on any additions.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 07:16:07 AM »
Sigh...

I am envious.  My DL stuff is more scattered in allegiance, so I can't say that I have a 'complete' army of any sort.  Probably a very large mass of Cultists and Horde, but I'm not sure they are large enough to be called an 'army'.
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 05:05:38 PM »
Awesome!  Would love to run your Illian against mine some day!  A bloodbath of evil.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 05:43:33 PM »

Bauhaus Harvester unit and utility crane.  Converted from Robogear stuff using (once again) GW parts.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 07:46:13 PM »
I would reverse the boom of the crane so it doesn't stick over the cab...but other than that they are awesome.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2009, 03:05:02 PM »
The boom turns so it does not matter.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2009, 05:00:13 PM »
The boom turns so it does not matter.
Best read in a bad Eddie G. Robinson voice
So that's how it's gonna be eh?...Holding back vital info and then soliciting opinions eh?......then revealing the secrets to make me look fooolish eh? Think I'm gonna stand for it eh? Eddie G. Robinson voice off
Actually I'm gonna recline in front of my pooter and snicker just a bit -- well played my adversary  ;)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2009, 06:43:50 PM »
I'll drop the boom on you eh?  How you like them apples eh?  Take him downtown boys!

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2009, 10:12:47 AM »
I have a couple of those models (the spider walkers) and wasn't sure what to do with them.  You've inspired me, sir!

Offline Petru5

• Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2009, 10:52:40 AM »
I've wanted to try RoboGear, but since it's Russian, I haven't ever seen it.  Is there an easy way to get the mechs?
-Private Hudson

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2009, 12:10:25 PM »
 You could try Ebay or cheap shops have them in.I got my some the big box set quite cheap.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2009, 12:50:57 PM »
I got this set off of Amazon.com if I remember correctly. 

Robogear itself is...well let's just say it does not translate well but they make the best toys.  CmdrKeily's fantastic Cancer is based off of a Robogear chasis and I have a couple more tricks up my sleeve based off of these.  I also have a bunch of platformer and hexagon sets that I need to find something useful to do with. 

Offline Petru5

• Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2009, 06:04:20 PM »
Ahh yes, the Platformer stuff.  When I downloaded and looked through the RoboGear rules, I noticed that they sold terrain sets that looked more than a little like the Pegasus sets I'd seen at my FLGS.  I picked one up at a con on the cheap.  Not well made and fiddly as all get out.  Build it once, glue it in place and leave it.
-Private Hudson

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2009, 05:56:57 AM »
Yeah, I think Pegasus incorporated them for their own uses.  Urban Mammoth did the same.

My plan is to use them for bits to enhance other pieces but also make some stuff out of the sets as well.  I want to incorporate them with other pieces though-I don't like their examples; they come off as very non-euclidian.  Like Cthulu meets Necromunda.

Offline Petru5

• Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2009, 08:09:26 AM »
Speaking of Cthulhu and also bringing the conversation back to the topic, my first project of the year is totally unrelated to WZ, but has everything to do with Cthulhu.  I'm putting together a 3-part pulp horror game using the GASLIGHT rules (actually the 'To Be Continued...' variant that is intended for pulp games). 

I've cobbled the characters together from a variety of sources: HorrorClix, HeroClix, some unknown pulp mini manufacturer's figs, Star Wars minis, D&D minis and some Reaper Chronoscope figs.  They are not all *quite* the same scale, but I'm working around that via basing changes.

As far as terrain, I'm currently working on the first scenario: "Strange Things Are Afoot" (the Evil Circus).  I'm creating a rectangular circus tent, complete with tent poles and cloth raised roof.  The poles are the tall, inner ones, no guide lines and stakes needed.  I should take pics throughout the process and post them, shouldn't I....

Scenarios:
  • #1: Strange Things Are Afoot - Strange happenings are going on at the local circus (freak show tent, to be exact).  People are going missing, but for some reason the local residents don't seem too worried.  Our heroes and heroines are called in by the local constabulary to investigate.
  • #2: That's An Odd-Looking Idol - The heroes have uncovered a strange cult that worships a tentacle-faced deity.  They raid the temple of the Old One, hoping to find answers and rescue the townies still alive.
  • #3: Old One's Return - The Old One, Cthulhu, will bring about the end of the world if he's resurrected!  His followers must be stopped before they bring him through the portal!

I came up with the ideas at a meeting.  They'd actually been floating around in the back of my head for some time, but putting them on paper made them 'real'. 

So...I have figures to paint, rebase, or both and terrain to build.  Fortunately, I own most of what I need to create what I want to do, either as building supplies or already finished pieces.  Who said being a pack rat was a bad thing?!
-Private Hudson