Author Topic: Vehicle Type and Chassis Config  (Read 4318 times)

Offline Silently

Vehicle Type and Chassis Config
« on: November 20, 2008, 07:29:41 PM »
According to the vehicle section, the Vehicle Type and Chassis Config should be listed in the special rules section of each vehicle profile.  Unless I am completely missing something, this information is not present for ANY vehicle profile.

Some of the flavor text paragraphs will imply a certain vehicle type, but not in every case.  For many, the actual model makes it clear enough, like a vehicle with legs must be a Walker.  But a few of the vehicles seem nebulous:

Mishiima Dragonbike:  This one has "bike" in the name, so it must be a bike, yes?  But the model has no wheels, and it comes with a flight stand, so it could either be a flyer or a skimmer.  It is called a skimmer in the fluff text, so I would probably go with that.  In the older edition rules it was called a "flyer (hover)" vehicle, which was quite confusing because "flyer" and "hover" were two different types.  Regarding the chassis, the model certainly looks like an open configuration.

Mishima Divine Wrath Scout Bike:  Another one with bike in the name.  In the Special Rules it says "The Pilot may drive the bike..." so maybe it really is a bike.  But the flavor text says it levitates using the same technology as the Dragonbike, so I am confused again.  There is no model or picture for this one, so no help there.

Capitol Purple Shark:  Nothing in the name to offer a clue.  The Special Rules do mention the affect of falling from height bands above one, so it should be safe to assume it is a flyer.  Maybe?

Capitol Pegasus Scout Bike:  Bike in the name again.  Confoundingly, the Special Rules say that the "pilot may fly the bike...".  So, is it really a flyer or a bike?

Is there a master list of vehicles somewhere that defines the type and chassis of each vehicle in the game?

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Re: Vehicle Type and Chassis Config
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 08:16:18 PM »
Not to my knowledge... and you do raise an interesting point.

I'll try to remember it for this weekend; I may get an answer for you... or permission to cook a table up.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Caronte

• Journeyman
    • Rompememes
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 02:13:23 AM »
Purple Shark and Pegasus Scout Bike are flyer vehicles: they have a number after the movement rate indicating maximum altitude level.

However, Dragonbike and Divine Wrath Scout Bike lack such number, so I assume they are skimmers (because they have no wheels).

I hope this will be helpful  ;)

« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 02:19:50 AM by Caronte »
"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?"
WOPR
My band: PRENDDAS (aka ROGUES)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 07:52:08 AM »
The Great Grey, Purple Sharks, Pegasus Scout Bike and the Divine Wrath Scout Bike are all flyers. The Dragonbike and the Strike Skimmer are skimmers.  ;D ;D ;D
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Caronte

• Journeyman
    • Rompememes
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 09:12:27 AM »
The Great Grey, Purple Sharks, Pegasus Scout Bike and the Divine Wrath Scout Bike are all flyers. The Dragonbike and the Strike Skimmer are skimmers.  ;D ;D ;D
However, there are no numbers for ground movement and highest altitude in the Divine Wrath Scout Bike stats, then either it is a mistake or it is not a flyer ???
"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?"
WOPR

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 09:26:56 AM »
As with the Pegasus only a little better it's 0/6:1 it was in a old FAQ  Hope that helps. ;)
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Caronte

• Journeyman
    • Rompememes
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 11:22:39 AM »
As with the Pegasus only a little better it's 0/6:1 it was in a old FAQ  Hope that helps. ;)
OK, that's fine  :D
Could such information be added to the new FAQ?
WOPR