Author Topic: WANTED: Cosmic Encounter AH Edition  (Read 5110 times)

Offline Glenn M

WANTED: Cosmic Encounter AH Edition
« on: November 16, 2008, 03:26:05 PM »
Hey guys, I am wondering if any of you have Cosmic Encounter by Avalon Hill, a few weeks ago I played my copy with a friend of mine on lunch at work, and he really loves it and wants his own copy, so I figured I'd tap my sources see if he can get one fairly cheap.  I think he is looking to spend nor more than $15 or $20 (he doesn't have a gaming fund like most of us, he doesn't normally grab stuff like this)

I figured I'd throw it out there, if you have it, and don't want it (getting FFG's or some such) please let me know, I'll forward you through him though once I get a confirmation.

Then again, I may just sell him mine on the cheap and get FFG's, though I am not a big fan on the loose planets, or the ships . . . but I love the new race cards.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: WANTED: Cosmic Encounter AH Edition
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 04:04:04 PM »
Wasn't Mayfair the original publisher, Glenn - not AH?
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 04:08:28 PM »
No, it was Eon, however he wants the AH edition, as it is the version that he played, and it has all the neat little parts.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 04:47:27 PM »
Sorry - thinking of different game - my bad.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 06:08:42 PM »
Just sent an email to my local gamestore. Should know in a day or so if he has one.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 05:09:51 AM »
Now that I've gotten over that bad case of rectal/cranial inversion, I believe that I recall that Target has this game, as well as several other department stores.  I will do some research.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 06:49:29 AM »
I just got the word from my local gamestore. He said -

Nope sorry. I do have the moons supplement for it but that's it. Fantasy Flight is reprinting the game probably early next year.  

Wish I could have had better news for you. Good luck trying to track it down.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 05:48:04 PM »
I have the Eon version.  It's an awesome game.  A real classic.  Like Junta!

D