Author Topic: Lurk special ability (and Reconnaissance Training)  (Read 3338 times)

Offline Caronte

• Journeyman
    • Rompememes
Lurk special ability (and Reconnaissance Training)
« on: November 16, 2008, 12:45:20 PM »
The Spanish guy is already asking again ;D:

I am now dealing with the Angel of Mercy (pp. 469) special abilities. The description of Lurk (pp. 76) states that models have a level six stalk, and they vanish (re-enter stalk mode) when save against a RC attack, but can they freely enter into stalking? For example, can they be deployed like any other stalking unit? And the chained question, may an Angel of Mercy use Reconnaissance Training (pp. 78) and therefore deploy in the open (I understand with no deployment card) but stalking?

Thanks for your patience and your invaulable help  ;)
"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?"
WOPR
My band: PRENDDAS (aka ROGUES)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Re: Lurk special ability (and Reconnaissance Training)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 01:56:25 PM »
To the best of my knowledge a lurk/stalking model is placed in the deployment zone during the placement of infiltrators. If used for Recon. Training, he is placed up to 6 inches from your deployment zone visible to you opponent. He will return to Lurk if shoot or by means of the Ability Stalk page 80 since Lurk is level 6 stalk.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 04:00:32 PM »
The model remains Concealed, even it uses Recon Training, as Recon Training is not an Attack Action (which would cause it to lose Stalking status).  Placing the model on the board does not change this - simply use a marker to represent that the model is in Stalk mode.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 06:36:52 PM »
May I just add - I love the AoM - Not only for it's lurky-ness but for its wonderfuilly ironical name. 

D