Author Topic: Con List 2009  (Read 7106 times)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Con List 2009
« on: October 25, 2008, 11:39:30 AM »
Origins is a given for the Boys from Illinois and I talked to Stalker the other day and I think The Ohio Gang is in. New potential Cons on the list are:

Talamania 3 - Missed Talamania 2 and can't go 2 years without a Cheesesteak and Death Fries, let alone gaming with the guys.
GenCon - I can't let Coil come all that way and not have some Warzone/Chronopia to play.
Recruits - Petru5 and The 4 Staters are local and my step-son currently lives in Kansas City.
Pentacon - Silently is up in NE Indiana and we used to have some other players there. Gotta try to go there & play some games.

Any other Cons in 2009 that might need a travelling Warzone/Chronopia player or three?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Glenn M

Re: Con List 2009
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 12:46:48 PM »
http://www.eriedog.com/

Should be sometime in October.  If I know we'll have a few folks, I'll organize some events, provide terrain, some armies, etc.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 04:17:42 PM »
This year I have got to make it to Talamania 3-I no longer have an excuse so long as it is not in February, early March, April or October.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 05:26:30 PM »
Dexcon/Dreamation - Changed dates and locations. Weekend after 4th of July and Columbus Day weekend I think. No one I k now is going this year.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 07:30:07 PM »
as far as I have been made aware of, all of us here in Ohio are going to be at Origins...

I know that Con on the Cob and the Erie Day of Gaming are a week apart, with CotC being here in the Cleveland/Akron area and Erie is only about an hour and a half from here...I know a couple of people that went to the Erie Day of Gaming and said that there was a pretty good turnout...

the other good thing about CotC is that we got a new person in the Ohio group...woohoo...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 07:33:20 PM »
Dexcon/Dreamation - Changed dates and locations. Weekend after 4th of July and Columbus Day weekend I think. No one I k now is going this year.

Presidents Day weekend for Dreamation.

And cons that weekend in that area have a habit of getting snowed out.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 09:41:22 PM »
as far as I have been made aware of, all of us here in Ohio are going to be at Origins...

I know that Con on the Cob and the Erie Day of Gaming are a week apart, with CotC being here in the Cleveland/Akron area and Erie is only about an hour and a half from here...I know a couple of people that went to the Erie Day of Gaming and said that there was a pretty good turnout...

the other good thing about CotC is that we got a new person in the Ohio group...woohoo...

B...

Excellent - the new member planning on being at Origins so we can meet him/her and say howdy?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 02:04:08 AM »
I should be at Origins this year, and I hope to also be at Talamania 3. 

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 12:43:27 PM »
You know what, I made a decision today, I'll be building the best kick ass table I can muster for Eries Day of Games next year.  I am thinking half cave, half giant mushroom forest.  At least 4 (I may bump it to 8) entrances and exits to the cave system.  We will be playing Chronopia, and I will be bringing two armies, 1000 pts at least.  I encourage any of you guys who can to make it and I will provide as much lodging as I can, though the Travelodge is lodging if you choose.  Provided Armies will include Elves and Stygian, with probable Swamp Goblins.  Dwarves and Blackbloods are possible though.

I plan to use a 4x4 or 4x6 table with 2x4 being totally cavernous, but in such a way to be playable as a Chronopia  game.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 01:26:09 PM »
You are out of control Glenn M; it shall be glorious!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 03:41:00 PM »
Does that mean you'll be showing your ugly mug?

Offline Alxbates

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2008, 06:20:14 AM »
If (and that's a bit "if") I make it to any convention in 2009, it'll be to ReaperCon in texas - nearly a week of sculpting, painting, and casting classes will be invaluable to me for my Forge of Ice.

I'd love to go to GenCon again, to see my Croc Games friends (and to hopefully make some new ones!), but I don't imagine I'll be able to afford more than one "vacation" next year.  Although I do have a very tempting standing invitation to go to Salute in England...

-Alex
Wan Chew Tree Faw!