Author Topic: Falling in Warzone..., again!!  (Read 9278 times)

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
Re: Falling in Warzone..., again!!
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2008, 05:37:31 PM »
Hi everybody!

A couple of days ago I found again this forum active, so I was pleasantly surprised. I went on my Ultimate Warzone book and began to re-read the rules again. I'll try to involve my brothers in some games. It's a long time since my last game, so I must remember many things, although I am an old warzone player (from the 1st edition). I can recognize some nicks here, so I suppose that most of the old payers are still active (probably with childrens and all such kind of time consuming things ;D ).

OK, lets go into the question: I've been reading about damage from falling (pg 41), and the rules state that if a figure falls on another one, they both receive the same damage corresponding to the falling figure. However, I think there is something wrong here. Let's see an example:

1. An Ashigaru (SZ 2) falls from a heigh of 6'' on a Praetorian stalker (SZ 3): Both suffer DAM 10(x3).

2. A Praetorian stalker falls from the same heigh (6'') on an Ashigaru: Both suffer DAM 9(x2).

The same figures, the same heigh, but dependeing on who is falling the DAM is different. And my logic tells me that in the second case the human should receive more DAM (a bigger figure falling on him), and in the first case the Praetorian Stalker should receive less DAM than the human.

I think that DAM for the figure on the ground suffering the impact should be calculated as if such figure had fallen from the same heigh that the falling figure. In this way, in both examples the ashigaru suffers 10(x3) and the Praetorian stalker 9(x2).

Any suggestions?

I'm happy to be again the only Spanish player (but I hope it will change someday)  :D :D :D

Cheers to everybody and specially to Thom

Wow good point. Seems pretty easy to remember and apply also.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2008, 09:37:15 PM »
I just ran a Bad Moons Rising scenario with the addition of a Cartel Agent (Van Owen) and a modified Praetorian Stalker (Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner) as a Halloween event for the group. I called it Bad Moons Rising II - Legend of the Headless Thompson Gunner. In addition to the two additional personalities I added some rules and changed the victory conditions.

That is too cool.  Please tell me you have pictures.

No but if I get all the details ironed out the game will be at Origins and maybe GenCon
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Caronte

• Journeyman
    • Rompememes
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2008, 04:34:03 AM »
Wow, my first topic after a long time and it is now two pages!  :o

You-re welcome. I learned Spanish in the Army almost 20 years ago. I look for opportunities to use it when I can.

Well, if you and someone else want to practise some Spanish let me know, for me it's easier posting in such language  ;D

I like the idea of a House Rules Section. If they can be compiled in a post similar to the FAQ, it would be very helpful for everybody and for new arriving people.

And because I am a fan of Praetorian Stalkers 8), Topkick could you please post the rules for the Legend of the Headless Thompson Gunner? GenCon and Origins are a little bit far away from my home :'(
"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?"
WOPR
My band: PRENDDAS (aka ROGUES)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2008, 08:24:19 AM »
Legend of the Headless Thompson Gunner is a variation on the Bad Moons Rising scenario in the UWZ book. I am working on getting Roland just right. Van Owen is merely a Cartel Special Agent but Roland is a bit more complicated. I will post the additions here as soon as the details get ironed out.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 11:09:00 AM by Topkick »
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890