Author Topic: West TN  (Read 7575 times)

Offline Von Koss

West TN
« on: October 20, 2008, 11:06:41 AM »
Just checking in from the area of Jackson TN.
    I mostly play Chronopia although I have a few squads of Warzone.
Chronopia Armies:  Crystal Elves, Firstborn, Blackblood, Stygian, Dark Tusks, Horned Ones, Devout

Warzone: Brotherhood- unfortunately my gaming group never got into Warzone and when the figures became hard to get...my/our gaming group (me included) decided to get into 40K. :-\

Chronopia was my first ever table-top miniatures game and when I sat down for the intro game, I never looked back.  It is a shame that this great game never took off in my area.  I have been collecting the figs off and on since 1997 and have accumulated more figs than any sane person should admit.  I am more of a collector/painter than a gamer but maybe some day that will change.  I have been checking into this site for a while and have really enjoyed some of the topics and the small community seems pretty "tight-knit" and non-degrading.  So, if you live close by maybe we can catch a game one day.
Total models painted for the year 2011: 14

<The Goal: exceed 534 painted models in one year>
*End Date: Dec. 25th 2011*
2010- 294 (fail)

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
Re: West TN
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 11:35:56 AM »
Welcome aboard. You may want to try to make it to Talamania III (name TBD). Or even an event closer to you. I am pretty sure Warzone/Chronopia is still at Gencon etc.

Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 08:58:35 AM »
Hmmm, the bad news is you are about 500 miles from me.  That puts consistent gaming right out.  The good news is that I plan to run WZ at the local gaming convention, Recruits, in late March and a trip to here from your place is mainly up I-55 and across I-70.
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 09:09:29 AM »
West TN, Kansas City, SouthWest MO, Northeast IN, Philly PA, and Ohio. Sounds crazy....sounds impossible....sounds like a roadtrip. Guess I'll spend some time with an atlas and a calendar - maybe I can figure out how to do this without killing myself or my bank account.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890