Author Topic: EARL AND HIS SPECIAL ABILITY  (Read 14271 times)

Offline Buzzu

EARL AND HIS SPECIAL ABILITY
« on: September 30, 2008, 02:53:54 PM »
Hy everybody.
I've got a new strange question for you, solvers of my doubts...
Reading the description of Earl, swordmaster noble, it's written that he can give orders in the same turn (using two actions) to two diferent warbands of swordsman, desert crusaders, or... CITY MILITIA. Who are the city militia soldiers??? Where can I find the stats?

Thanks a lot.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: EARL AND HIS SPECIAL ABILITY
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 06:55:25 PM »
They were in the yet unpublished supplements for the game.  Thom's statting out the Heresy range for us fans, as free downloads.  Maybe with some convincing these may see the light of day too...
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Morfdoggs

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 09:23:10 AM »
The most effective way to use this ability is use the repulsar knights commanding pressence 2 activate the earl. He charges and finishs out his actions then you got two units of eight swordsmen coming your way. Its devastating! Ask my bro hes been on the receiving end of this more than a few times, He hates the earl. The Nameless can do the same I belive.
Happiness is like peeing yourself, everyone can see it but only u can feel its warmth!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 09:46:57 AM »
The Nameless, The Stalker, and Count Elithrion all have the ability to activate two individals/units.  The Earl specifically can activate two units of the FB Militia, but those haven't been statted out yet.

I don't think activating two units of FB Swordsmen or other Individuals is a bad way to go, as there is precedent, and I would play it the same way as you and yours Morf.

It can be a powerful special ability if played right, or if initiative sets it up right, but I've seen too many games where it isn't spectacular either.  It's still got the balance. 

It is a very viable tactic to daisy chain command and activations, but you have to remember which one's got the higher LD!!
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA