Author Topic: Forgeworld Bauhaus Cobra on eBay  (Read 10243 times)

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
Re: Forgeworld Bauhaus Cobra on eBay
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 12:56:41 PM »
I guess that preempts my asking to borrow it.  ;)

Congrats man.  It's HUGE!  I hope you've reinforced the shelf it'll be sitting on.

Actually the tale is more convoluted than that.  Back in 99 I bought one via ebay and loanded to a rat b******d who stole it.  It has taken me this long to get another one.  It was an expensive lesson.  This one will not be leaving my possession for any reason.
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline timdp

• Journeyman
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 03:24:59 PM »

Your photo your business - But again did you try to contact him on ebay and let him know it bothered you that he used your photo before casting aspersions on his auction here?

I did contact him and he agreed to take the photo down.
Primary reason I posted here was to let people here know that the photo in the auction is NOT the piece you would get if you won the auction.

tim

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 04:57:13 AM »
Now that my game room is organized, I have a shelf (yes-rather reinforced! ;D) that all my beloved pieces are sitting on to include my Reaver Titan, Eldar Phantom Titan, my four Fuglies of the Apocalypse (the Warzone resin monsters), my converted Tekron Warmaster, and my Mobile Suit in Action Gundam Dendrobium.  In all truth, this thing will probably sit in the box for a little while until I can get around to giving it the paint job it deserves (with plenty of minor conversions for details-I want it to rival the one in the 2nd ed sourcebook).    Plus it's got someone else's paint all over it-that's fine if it belonged to someone else but I have an almost psychological need for my stuff to be done up by me.  I need to some day actively seek counseling for this I think.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 05:14:00 AM »
piiiiccccsssss!!!!!!  :)
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2008, 09:45:17 PM »
Actually the tale is more convoluted than that.  Back in 99 I bought one via ebay and loanded to a rat b******d who stole it.  It has taken me this long to get another one.  It was an expensive lesson.  This one will not be leaving my possession for any reason.

Name of the future corpse please?  :o  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2008, 04:55:32 AM »
Cathead242@aol.com

He has long since stopped using this name though.  He real name and info are lost to history so he will live.  I consider it the price for a lesson learned.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!