Author Topic: Forgeworld Bauhaus Cobra on eBay  (Read 10442 times)

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
Forgeworld Bauhaus Cobra on eBay
« on: September 26, 2008, 09:15:07 AM »
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
Re: Forgeworld Bauhaus Cobra on eBay
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 10:08:10 AM »
Found another Cobra on eBay.

:-\   i should have waited for this one...
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 10:20:11 AM »
Found another Cobra on eBay.

:-\   i should have waited for this one...

It has 6 days to go...I'm sure the price will go up.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline timdp

• Journeyman
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 11:42:11 AM »
Please note that the photo used in the Cobra auction is NOT a photo of the actual item.

The photo is from my Cobra auction a couple of months ago.

tim

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 12:21:42 PM »
Please note that the photo used in the Cobra auction is NOT a photo of the actual item.

tim

It's also on the CCM Wiki page, as well.

SP
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 03:26:22 PM »
1) I bid on the Grizzly.  Not sure why but I am going off of the safe assumption that it will be outbid.
2) They are selling it as "painted".  If you call that painted.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 10:13:48 PM »

tim

Is that a problem Tim? I can't see how where he got the pic matters. I have dealt with Settra in the past and he always come thru with quality stuff. I trust him.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 10:18:08 AM »
So the good news is that I'm winning and got the wife's approval.  The bad news is there is still a full day for some jerk to swoop in and steal my prize.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 10:40:17 AM »
Keep the faith Veez-miester

Offline timdp

• Journeyman
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 11:54:39 AM »
Not a huge problem, but I sure prefer to see photos of the actual piece that I am buying, especially on a collectible piece.

You may know the guy, but I'd sure have doubts on bidding high on a collectible piece that the seller was too lazy to take his own photos of.

Then there is the copyright issue of a photographer (or any other artist) owning the copyright on the photo, which means that other people's photos should no be used without permission from the photographer.

Re the CCM wiki, I provided Tony the photo for the wiki and my name is credited as the photo provider.... and I'm not that hard to find on the net....

tim

[/quote]

Is that a problem Tim? I can't see how where he got the pic matters. I have dealt with Settra in the past and he always come thru with quality stuff. I trust him.
[/quote]

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 09:48:43 PM »
Not a huge problem, but I sure prefer to see photos of the actual piece that I am buying, especially on a collectible piece.
You may know the guy, but I'd sure have doubts on bidding high on a collectible piece that the seller was too lazy to take his own photos of.
While these may be valid points to some I fail to see how calling him lazy or casting aspersions that he might be trying to mislead anyone without contacting him first is constructive in any way.

Then there is the copyright issue of a photographer (or any other artist) owning the copyright on the photo, which means that other people's photos should no be used without permission from the photographer.

Re the CCM wiki, I provided Tony the photo for the wiki and my name is credited as the photo provider.... and I'm not that hard to find on the net....

tim

Your photo your business - But again did you try to contact him on ebay and let him know it bothered you that he used your photo before casting aspersions on his auction here?

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 09:32:12 AM »
Victory is mine!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 10:37:59 AM »
Victory is mine!

And I searched and I searched but I never caught up with my little Grizzley until now...and it's just what I always wanted. My own little Grizzley. I will name him George, and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him and rub him and pet him and squeeze him and rub him. I will stroke his turret and rub his pretty armor...

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 12:51:15 PM »
Actually the tale is more convoluted than that.  Back in 99 I bought one via ebay and loanded to a rat b******d who stole it.  It has taken me this long to get another one.  It was an expensive lesson.  This one will not be leaving my possession for any reason.