Author Topic: Warzone Patrol 2005 Entries  (Read 9691 times)

Offline Seamus

• Branch Incentives
Warzone Patrol 2005 Entries
« on: September 22, 2005, 03:25:00 AM »
Please post only links to your photos and information on your entry in this topic.  All discussion should be carried out in another thread.

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 04:01:27 AM by Seamus »
Seamus Muadhen
eBay: branchenterprisesinternational
email: dkidd23 AT yahoo DOT com

There is no security on this earth, there is only opportunity.
General Douglas MacArthur
US WWII general & war hero (1880 - 1964)

RONIN

Re: Warzone Patrol 2005 Entrys
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 11:36:26 AM »
Here's Ragathol.  I submitted him in the previous incarnation of the Patrol '05.

http://webpages.charter.net/josephmena/game%20pics/ragathol.jpg

Ronin

Offline TwoGunBob

Re: Warzone Patrol 2005 Entries
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 08:05:28 PM »
Okay, my grunts are officially completed. I'm keeping to the rules of last years and only posting three pictures of the group, if I'm allowed more feel free to let me know cause I'm a proud poppa about these little fellows, that said...

My real name is Jamie and I'm glad to be back for year two of the Warzone Patrol. The Patrol is like a lucky rabbit's foot for me because when I was doing the Ilian force last year I had the best painting months ever and this one is no exception either. October has been fantastic!

The crunchy bits... Well, I was doing a Demnognis force for starters and then tragedy struck as my list was built around the Blight Commandoes as I was sure they were available in a squad set. Well, I wasn't quite up to scratchbuilding or converting so I went ahead and decided to mix things up a bit and support the spreader of disease with some old fashioned Horde choices. When constructing the list, well it seems there are some glaring issues but a few trial games well bear that out I'm sure.

Now, the fluff:

On Venus in an area of heavy contest between both Bauhaus and Imperial a problem has developed. Imperial was surprised as Bauhaus retreated far behind the contested border in not just a treat but a full route. Imperial, suspecting a trap dug in rather than moving in to claim the recently vacated territory. This proved wise in that within days the entire area was flattened by 240mm shells from Bauhaus Helga Cannons in barrage after barrage.
Imperial contested to the Cartel but were met with stony silence. Imperial was dismissed with a handwave as the Cartel noted that if a corporation wanted to destroy it's own holdings it was their business. Such an excuse didn't quite satisfy The Imperials and only a muzzling order from the Brotherhood quieted the aches and complaints of a corporation that believed it had suffered a scorched earth policy at the hands of Bauhaus.

The truth:

The line had been drawn and stalemated between the two corporations. Imperial needed the resources and Bauhaus was not about to give up without a fight. That is until the first group of Ducal militia arrived from the depths of the steaming jungle carrying wounded and screaming insane cries about something bubbling up from the grounds itself. Tragedy struck further as the Ducals that returned brought with them an infectious disease that began to spread through the lines like wildfire. Reports were made, information spread, House Sagielli arrived with support from the Brotherhood and the suspicions were confirmed. Between the line of conflict Bauhaus had discovered an advance force of that most awful of the Dark Apostles,Demnogonis. Even as the existing lines were shattered with plague the order came down for a full scale retreat as obliteration was deemed the most cost effective way to eliminate the blight as battling both Imperial and the Dark Legion was deemed to costly. It was suspected that the Brotherhood made the final call over the corporate executives with backing from Sagielli as many Bauhaus executives were known to have considered this to be a smoke screen to hand over the land to Imperial for some unknown reason. They couldn't argue with the death toll from the Venusian plague and grudingly agreed.
The area was levelled from artillery barrages. It is well known you cannot remove cancer with a smashing blow of a sledge hammer, only precise surgical work can hope to remove it. The Helga Cannon did their work but only set back the forces of Demnogonis. As a valuable staging area on Venus it was only a short time before Dark Legion horde forces arrived to reinforce the battered forces of the apostle. Arriving undetected, ships warped by Dark Symmetry quietly deposited undead legionaires and vile Necromutants to back up the force of disease until the invasion could begin and the infection started once more among the retreating Bauhaus forces.

Horde Force-
Undead Legionnaires- 8
Necromutant Leader
Golem of Darkness

Necromutants-4

A representation of the relief forces arriving from elsewhere.

Demnogonis forces-

Blessed Legionnaires-4
Spawn of Demnogonis
Curator

Representative of the forces battered by the artillery, ready to spread infection in the next advance.

The Spawn had those minor alterations with the Necrotech claw and a few extra bits. I quite like the finished product.

Last Ritesmen-4

More of the forces left to multiply when the push begins anew...

Now, these evil creatures I saw as wrapped in bloodstained funeral shrouds. Their work at replacing fresh parts of their bodies just leaves the clothes a gore soaked nightmare and a cream offwhite seemed to enhance that look.

That's it for this month. Next month I talk about having no elites and the problems I see with the future of this list and I also swear to buy some Blight Commdoes as soon as they hit the online shop.

Take care all,
Jamie
Currently playing:
Bow House: Saggy Old Ellie
Dark Lesion: Ill Ian, Whored
Empirical: I D... Ef' Em

Offline TwoGunBob

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 07:50:12 PM »
Support units without elites...

Well I would have liked to have done Blight Commandoes this month but alas I had zero ideas for converting. I focused instead on painting the converted Cairaths I put together awhile back as well as a Dark Legion Drop Pod. Using the Last Ritesmen and Blessed Legionaires as to grunt qualifiers I bought into the Demnogonis drop pod. Adding pustulant support at critical times the Cairaths don't have to worry so much about making it across the battlefield. As I said before I picture the Cairath as more organic than metal and they fairly flow and explode in an ever morphing shape the idea was to catch these nasties in the middle of their explosive and constant transformations.

Not overly happy with the pictures, I really need a brighter light as well as a more consistant background.

The fluff-

After the barrage of cannon fire had ceased both the Imperials and Bauhaus forces began to tentatively prod into wasted land. The Imperials were hopeful of salvaged holdings yet remaining while the Bauhaus units were entering to make sure the Helga Cannons had eliminated the blight from the area. Even as they hedged into the blasted terrain both sides could sense the stink and rot prevalent over the warzone. And as that first night fell both sides could see the tracers across the sky as reinforcements arrived in the form of those hideous Dark Legion drop pods. Whatever remained out there in the wasteland had just found back up from orbit.

Currently playing:

Offline Dentatus

• Glass Graphics Studio
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 05:34:41 AM »
I take it this is on the back burner for now?

Offline TwoGunBob

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 06:58:37 AM »
I finished my Dark Legion project but never bothered to take the final pictures due to general lack of interest. At least it wiped out all my Warzone painting expet for three Infernal Corroders still in the blister. Damn shame this fell totally on its face after so much enthusiasm.
Currently playing: