Author Topic: No conventional munitions for UBGL?  (Read 5523 times)

Offline JonatanRaven

No conventional munitions for UBGL?
« on: September 16, 2008, 11:16:50 AM »
Ok, yet another topic we encountered during the weekend.

One of the guys in the two battles that took place was equipped with an UBGL. At first glance you'd think they could fire conventional grenades with a damaging explosive but when I'm reading the rules, there doesn't seem to be any conventional grenades that go in the UBGLs, only support munitions?
Quoth the Raven Nevermore!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Re: No conventional munitions for UBGL?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 11:24:51 AM »
Ok, yet another topic we encountered during the weekend.

One of the guys in the two battles that took place was equipped with an UBGL. At first glance you'd think they could fire conventional grenades with a damaging explosive but when I'm reading the rules, there doesn't seem to be any conventional grenades that go in the UBGLs, only support munitions?

Correct.

the original designers wanted it that way.  The soldiers among the rest of us players, be they Army Grunt, Marine Jarhead or Navy Swabbie, disagree with that.  I believe there are a few "home-brew" sets of load-outs out there, with everything from the Oversize shotgun round to the HE and the Willy Pete Incendiary rounds.

Veez was one I htink- might wanna ping him unless he sees this thread and speaks up.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline JonatanRaven

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 11:37:08 AM »
Yes, well, while I was in Kosovo, our patrols all had one guy with an UBGL and it sure wasn't just for them "support munitions".  ;D

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 11:40:18 AM »
Yes, well, while I was in Kosovo, our patrols all had one guy with an UBGL and it sure wasn't just for them "support munitions".  ;D

LOL

Nor was the stuff our Plt Sgt's driver carried.  But I didn't design the rules for that weapon system for this game.  I just use them.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 11:42:08 AM »
I'm no help with the question at hand, but I'm amazed at how many on this forum are military.  I had a whole new appreciation of the training you have after being shot up at paintball!!  I can only imagine what real training must be like.  
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline JonatanRaven

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 11:45:49 AM »

LOL

Nor was the stuff our Plt Sgt's driver carried.  But I didn't design the rules for that weapon system for this game.  I just use them.
lol

Well, I see a house-rule sneaking up on our games already.. lol
I'm no help with the question at hand, but I'm amazed at how many on this forum are military.  I had a whole new appreciation of the training you have after being shot up at paintball!!  I can only imagine what real training must be like.  
Haha, unfortunately I'm a bit too far off to contribute to your paintball sessions. Me and my friends are more into airsoft though.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 11:51:30 AM »

lol

So do I.  :)

I've a few idea on that if interested...  Let me know. :)

Haha, unfortunately I'm a bit too far off to contribute to your paintball sessions. Me and my friends are more into airsoft though.

I've wanted to try Airsoft....  looks like alot of fun.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline JonatanRaven

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 12:12:39 PM »

lol

So do I.  :)

I've a few idea on that if interested...  Let me know. :)

I've wanted to try Airsoft....  looks like alot of fun.
Yes, of course, I'm sure there are already quite a few ideas about other munitions for UBGLs out there, so no need to re-invent them as far as I'm concerned. So, post away.. ;)

Yes, I like airsoft better than paintball since the weapons don't all look like toys. As I see it, paintball is more tactics and "just" shooting than airsoft.