Author Topic: Mutant Chronicles (and latest 40K eye candy in a box) Review at AICN  (Read 11958 times)

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
Re: Mutant Chronicles (and latest 40K eye candy in a box) Review at AICN
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 12:49:47 AM »
I've seen it and found it sort of decent. I wasn't expecting a masterpiece which it isn't but on the other hand it was rather entertaining in a way.

I do not know if it actually has been officially released yet. None of the DVD-selling sites I have checked has the film listed. So maybe Thomas Jane is correct in that what is out there on the net is a pirated version of what is not the finished product.

Offline Nighthawk

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 06:02:28 AM »
Interesting.  I wonder if this is the rant of an angry actor or if its true that these are pirated and not final copies out there.  I defer to our European friends for the answer to this one.

Just go to Raw Studios, which is owned by Thomas Jane and Tim Bradstreet. More info on them at www.rawstudios.com

For the forum link: http://rawstudios.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=27&st=300&start=300

I think you misunderstood me.  I was merely stating that since it was a European-made movie, it stood to reason that it be released in Europe first (much like the French movie Brotherhood of the Wolf, any of the Russian 'Watch' series and countless board games).  Of course, I didn't know it was evidently released illegally.  It wasn't a knock on quality of product, although Highlander II should very well have stayed in France.

Ahhh. OK. S**t happens.  ;)

It's such a shot in the foot to actually lose control of an actual DVD copy of the movie. I think they got careless while trying to get distributors interested or something. Rob Zombies Halloween was leaked beforehand as well, so it CAN happen. The movie has had test screenings and such, also on comic con, and I think they will edit the movie after the feedback they got. But apparently they need $2million to do the final adjustments on VFX and editing. Cahn you zay MOH-NEH!?!

There can be only one, Highlander movie....

Offline Drachen

• Journeyman
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2008, 04:19:46 AM »
for me personally, I don't think any amount of money is going to make that movie any better.

I spent most of the movie chain smoking outside while listening, and the rest of it banging my head against a table.

....that's just me though, my lungs and head still haven't forgiven me so I don't suggest it :-)