Author Topic: embalmed: uncertainity of death  (Read 13959 times)

Wedge

Re: embalmed: uncertainity of death
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 09:12:45 AM »
In my estimation, you cannot use a wait to attack the "re-animated" Enbalmed until it performs its first action.  Coming off of wait to attack him must be in reaction to the Enbalmed's action.  I thought when you made the LD test at the beginning of the next turn and the Embalmed attacked right away?  I don't have a book handy... what is the wording?  Is there no mention of how many wounds he comes back with?

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 10:02:02 AM »
Per rulebook, page 321 (pdf page 329):

"If the LD test is successful it will reanimate for one last Turn before it returns to the obvlivion awaiting it"

So, the way I read that is that if he makes the LD test at the beginning of the turn, you have one more turn to use him as you wish, then he goes poof. You may use him at any time just like any other model, he does not have to activate immediately, and he is essentially at zero wounds, so wounding him again won't help much, seeing as how he's already dead....again.

SP
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

Offline troy-the-just

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2008, 10:59:50 AM »
i can live with that Southpaw, makes sense, so instead of going on wait, next time I will RUN away, as when he comes back he has 1 turn o hell.  i kinda like the rule personally, i think it will be alot of fun.  sure it will **** me off sometimes, but it will be fun, and that is what the game is all about.

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2008, 11:53:52 AM »
Thanks, Wedge and Southpaw that was what I was leaning towards as well but it is good to hear that you two agree.

Wedge

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2008, 02:50:14 PM »
AH!  Good point Jason.  The point then is moot.  The number of wounds would have been the sticking point.  But since he is woundless... being on wait with the "back from the dead" Embalmed in your face is of little benefit.  However, I can see situations where it could be helpful to use your wait in reaction to the Embalmed.  Examples:

1. You have a multiwound unit that can charge/countercharge the Emblamed (and absorb the damage) to keep him from reaching weaker/more valuable units--even though you can't kill it.
2. You use weak units on wait to sacrifice themselves for the same reason listed above.
3. You keep the Embalmed from advancing on some sort of scenario objective.

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2008, 05:44:23 PM »
In my estimation, you cannot use a wait to attack the "re-animated" Enbalmed until it performs its first action.  Coming off of wait to attack him must be in reaction to the Enbalmed's action.  I thought when you made the LD test at the beginning of the next turn and the Embalmed attacked right away?  I don't have a book handy... what is the wording?  Is there no mention of how many wounds he comes back with?

Yes that was what I was implying, per wait.  What I was saying was that in the situation that troy was in I would have the Champion come off wait as soon as the Embalmed acitvated to save the Totem.  I know you guys weren't there so its hard to visualize, but the champion was in a triangular formation with the Cmbalmed and the Totem, and if he made his LD roll could intercept.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2008, 06:48:34 PM »
It's the only model in the game that does this.  Cool, innit?
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA