Author Topic: Mutant Chronicles Movie-Check This out!  (Read 11756 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Mutant Chronicles Movie-Check This out!
« on: August 28, 2008, 03:33:59 PM »
Here is someone who hates the movie and has taken it to the next level:

http://io9.com/5042217/complaint-for-injunctive-and-other-relief-from-the-mutant-chronicles
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Glenn M

Re: Mutant Chronicles Movie-Check This out!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 03:56:49 PM »
Funny, I quite enjoyed it.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 04:20:33 PM »
Did you like it enough to...COUNTERSUE!????;D
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 04:48:07 PM »
No, no I didn't.  I found it an entertaining way to spend a couple hours while I painted some minis.  If I wanted deep plot, I'd buy a book.  I wanted to watch some **** blow up, so I was happy.

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 05:24:11 PM »
Funny way to frame a movie critique.   Have not seen the movie, and don't expect to.  But, you can never tell what mood may strike in a year or two when I am up late night, with too little sleep and poor judgement while HBO runs the mandatory 50 showings of each movie...maybe then.

Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 08:07:52 PM »
OMG!  That Malkvoitch scene was beyond hilarious...he's got less enthusiasm then a table read.  I can't believe the director allowed that.  WOW!

Offline JonatanRaven

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 12:20:16 AM »
I like how the "critic" mess up the facts from the movie there.

• Perlman and Malkowich isn't brothers, Perlman is a monk and therefore referred to as "Brother".
  • The WWI setting is very logical but only for people who know the background and the setting.
  • Not to mention the key-part, he/she must've not been watching the whole movie or been otherwise occupied.

Other than that, yes, they did mess up the movie by taking the setting out of the background. Still it's a kind of neat movie.
Quoth the Raven Nevermore!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 01:21:17 AM »
hmm, don´t like the critic.

is quite possibly the worst movie ever made,
the movie is faaaaaar from beeing the worst. really, i saw a lot of "bad-movies" and MC is not one.

opportunity to delve into .. strange high-tech warfare, ... treated to a war that looks just like World War I trench warfare
by using the word "Chronic" in his name, that perhaps this film...
he does not know MC-RPG/TT. the WWI style is from the game. he expects high tech war, and thats simply not what they _wanted_ to show, since its lost-tech and not sci-fi.

backdrop to a series of boring and pointless conversations between soldiers
yes, the _story_ is quite flat, but the same is true for other war-movies, including gems like e.g. apocalypse now and others..

-> for what it is, i enjoyed it. you see trences (unforunately not imperial)
-> you see brotherhood and some faith-stuff
-> cool mutants and heroes
-> cool cities/suroundings.

=> all in all not a very good movie, but a good adaptation of other media, much better than many many other tries, be it superheroes (hulk, superman) or most books-based filmes (in the category "pulp")
"Don´t anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 02:30:07 AM »
I think it's clear from the review that the viewer didn't "get it" and clearly wasn't paying much attention through most of it.  Having not seen it myself I can't pass judgement...yet.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 09:16:29 AM »
I like how the "critic" mess up the facts from the movie there.

• Perlman and Malkowich isn't brothers, Perlman is a monk and therefore referred to as "Brother".
  • The WWI setting is very logical but only for people who know the background and the setting.
  • Not to mention the key-part, he/she must've not been watching the whole movie or been otherwise occupied.

Other than that, yes, they did mess up the movie by taking the setting out of the background. Still it's a kind of neat movie.

...and there were only 4 corporations, in the movie - not 5.  This "critic" is clueless and a blowhard.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 09:27:13 AM »
Leave it to my wife - she has just made the quote  of the century -

"This guy should've shoved a Twix bar in his mouth before he wrote this, and took a moment to think about what he just watched."

I am laughing tears!
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 10:30:49 AM »
I gotta see if I can set up a second karma counter on your account so we can give some to Mrs McGee when she hits the long ball
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 04:34:22 PM »
Critics (people) like that need to be kicked out of the gene pool. IMHO.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 06:47:34 AM »
Critics (people) like that need to be kicked out of the gene pool. IMHO.

You're assuming that they evolved from the same gene pool as humans. 

As Mark Twain once said, “It is the will of God that we must have critics and missionaries and congressmen and humorists, and we must bear the burden”.

Or even better, as Irish poet and revolutionary (terrorist?) Brendan Behan said, “Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves”.
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 10:13:55 AM »
+1 for the truth :)

in this context i like the phrase: "opinions are like a*sho**s, everyone´s got one"
(-> you need to have a why, not only a what, and this "review" is seriously missing the nessecary "why" it´s such a bad movie (one of the worst(!!), really, that opinion does not have a basis))
"Don´t anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."