Author Topic: This Week in Geekdom 8/27  (Read 17108 times)

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
Re: This Week in Geekdom 8/27
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2008, 04:14:53 PM »
I was always partial to the UK series of modules, especially The Sentinel, and it's followup, The Gauntlet.  Great times.

Most of the UK stuff was cool if a little whacky.  If I remember correctly the Sentinel and the Gauntlet  took place on teh border of the Hold of the Sea Princes.  It had to do with a mountain pass the was protected by the wearer of the sentinel, which made defense pretty easy, and a Ogrillon(?) who came in possesion of the Gauntlet which was made to defeat the Sentinel.  A very fun set of adventures.
     The other UK module that I rember fondly was "When a Star Falls".  With a little work it was great.  I found teh UK stuff to be very good on teh whole, with great story plots, but they needed a little "Beefing" up.

Other Favs of mine were:

I series: All the Desert of Desolation, and really fond of teh Dwellers of the Forbidden City.  Great time that one.

A Series: What a fun campaign that was.  Who doesn't like kick'n butt on slavelords. 

U Series:  Underwater adventure at its finest.  Sahuagin are just nasty! :)

S Series: The ones already mentioned, plus the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth.  Now that was just fun to play.

All I can think of off the top of my head.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 04:21:48 PM by DogOWar »
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2008, 04:16:03 PM »
I've never seen those.  What were they about?

@DogOWar - I had a gropu of players take over a dunfewon once as their HQ - it was quite amusing.

D

Rockin.  I would like to hear the story on that one.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Spagg

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2008, 07:40:51 PM »
Yes - The one I had came with B1 -

Needless to say our entire party nearly died at the hands of a half-dozen wandering monster orcs within the first 50' of that long entry corridor lined with tell-tale alcoves...and we loved every minute of it.

D

Man that brings back memories!!