Author Topic: Hello all. New to Warzone forums (and returning to the game).  (Read 4441 times)

Offline Doompup

Hello all. New to Warzone forums (and returning to the game).
« on: September 01, 2009, 02:39:30 PM »
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I played WZ about 11-12 years ago, but just casually. I've kept tabs on it over the years, but just recently got back into it (partially because of the movie; its existence reminded me of how much fun I used to have playing WZ). I play Capitol mostly, but would buy random figures in clearance bins at conventions (got Crenshaw unopened last year at Origins for ~$1.50). I was very happy to find out that Prince August was selling Warzone minis; I can finally finish the Capitol army of my dreams  ;D .
Just looking around this forum, everyone seems to be really positive and supportive of one another for the most part, and it seems like a great community.

I hope to post some mini pics and customs soon (working on a mod for Valerie Duval, because I'm too cheap and don't have the time or effort to get an original).

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
Re: Hello all. New to Warzone forums (and returning to the game).
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 03:23:22 PM »
Welcome to the forums!  

Many of the folks here are long time players of WZ, and love the setting, figures, and the mechanics of a truly fun game.  Lots of good memories all around.  Poke around and feel free to ask questions, comment on the latest photos of painting from the various forumites, and generally have some fun.  

Also, plug for my stack of minis that needs to get sold, look at Uncle Thom's Trading post for the latest and greatest deals from the back of the gaming closet.  

Hope you enjoy the group here!

edit:

Where do you hail from?   Depending on where you come from, there may be other players you can link up with! 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 03:25:09 PM by MadBrad »
Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Doompup

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 04:36:59 PM »
Thanks for the welcome! I probably will be checking out Uncle Thom's.
I am currently living in Morgantown, WV (about 1.25 hours South of Pittsburgh, PA). I gather that a lot of people on here are around the Philly area. I also saw something about Talamania; that looks like a lot of fun.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 05:37:37 PM »
Thanks for the welcome! I probably will be checking out Uncle Thom's.
I am currently living in Morgantown, WV (about 1.25 hours South of Pittsburgh, PA). I gather that a lot of people on here are around the Philly area. I also saw something about Talamania; that looks like a lot of fun.

It is... that it is.

If you can make it, come on out.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 03:09:45 AM »
Welcome back!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 05:11:36 AM »
I concur. Welcome abaord! Talamania is alot of fun. We do alot of gaming besides Warzone/Chronopia but those are the games that bring us there. Hopefully we will have a full blown tourney next year with env and objectives.That always is so much better than the typicalI kill you before you kill me game.

Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Doompup

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 02:08:04 PM »
Thanks for the welcomes and advice.  I look forward to making it to Talamania in the coming years.

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 04:12:04 PM »
Welcome aboard from the West Coast UWZ crew!