Author Topic: Kansas City area Zoners?  (Read 9855 times)

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
Kansas City area Zoners?
« on: August 09, 2008, 01:44:07 PM »
I'm in Lee's Summit and recently into this game.  Is there anyone out there in my area?
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: Kansas City area Zoners?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 08:34:04 AM »
First off, welcome aboard. Glad you found our lil corner of internet heaven.  :)

As for players in your area I would recommend talking to DogOWar or Troy-the-Just. They are a group that covers SW Missouri and part of SE Kansas. IN fact they have a thread going about people joining them for gaming - follow this link
http://forum54.oli.us/index.php?topic=5043.0
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 07:49:29 AM »
Top is on the ball as usual.  We pretty much play onl;y Chronopia at the moment.  Not enuff time, money, etc to dive into Warzone as yet, but its on the ToDo list.  We have plenty of armies if you would like to play.  If you have some extra Warzone then I'm sure we can have a game.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Petru5

• Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 08:39:56 PM »
Thank you for the warm welcome.  I've collected quite a bit of Warzone in a short amount of time and find that I have extra Bauhaus and Imperials from the 2nd ed boxed set.  I'd be willing to trade some of them for figs, if anyone's interested.  I also, somehow, discovered an old style Purple Shark (I have the newer version, too). 

I see that Dog is in Nevada and Troy is in Pittsburg.  Since I'm in Lee's Summit, I play games at Pulp Fiction or at my house (it has a bar with a beer fridge within five steps of the gaming table).  I will be in Joplin (Webb City is my old home town) at the end of the month.  Perhaps we can meet at Changing Hands for a game or two?

Which version of the rules do you recommend using?  1st, 2nd, or Ultimate?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 08:43:57 PM by Petru5 »
-Private Hudson

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 03:40:38 AM »
Ultimate.  1st was fanatastic but power-hungry.  2nd was created to cure the problems of first and sucked it dry of its spirit.  UWZ captures most of the flair of 1st ed but with all the units (and so many more new ones) that got left out of 2nd ed along with a ruleset closer to the original.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline troy-the-just

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 07:03:13 AM »
Thank you for the warm welcome.  I've collected quite a bit of Warzone in a short amount of time and find that I have extra Bauhaus and Imperials from the 2nd ed boxed set.  I'd be willing to trade some of them for figs, if anyone's interested.  I also, somehow, discovered an old style Purple Shark (I have the newer version, too). 

I see that Dog is in Nevada and Troy is in Pittsburg.  Since I'm in Lee's Summit, I play games at Pulp Fiction or at my house (it has a bar with a beer fridge within five steps of the gaming table).  I will be in Joplin (Webb City is my old home town) at the end of the month.  Perhaps we can meet at Changing Hands for a game or two?

Which version of the rules do you recommend using?  1st, 2nd, or Ultimate?

no we are talking, if your from webb city you know very well where pittsburg is.  we normally meet every 4 weeks or so, typically on a saturday around noon and play until 8 pm or so, depending.  you are always welcome.  i have an apartment that is vacant above my garage that we have turned into a playing and crashing area.  and I certianly wouldnt think a yearly trip to KC or so would be out of the picture.  so lets keep in touch

Offline Petru5

• Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 07:12:19 AM »
now we are talking, if you're from webb city you know very well where pittsburg is.  we normally meet every 4 weeks or so, typically on a saturday around noon and play until 8 pm or so, depending.  you are always welcome.  i have an apartment that is vacant above my garage that we have turned into a playing and crashing area.  and I certianly wouldn't think a yearly trip to KC or so would be out of the picture.  so lets keep in touch.

Sounds great!  I haven't been to Pitt since GorillaCon.  If you were there, I ran BatteBall and BattleGround: Fantasy Warfare.  I will be in JoMO either the weekend of the 23rd or the 30th (Labor Day weekend) for my fantasy football draft.  Is there anything planned for then?  Also, Recruits here in Lee's Summit is coming up very quickly (Sept. 12-14).  If you haven't been, it's a great con (possibly the largest in this area)!  I won't run Warzone, but I am running BattleBall (it's a Fall tradition) and a homebrew gladiator game.  www.recruits-con.com is the link, if you're interested.
-Private Hudson

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 08:38:51 AM »
Actually we have a tenative game planed for the 23rd.  I'm not sure about us getting down to Joplin, but I know you would be more than welcome to come to P-burg if you are so inclined.  Its not so much of us unwilling to go down there as its where all of are stuff is located already, but who knows, maybe a trip could be arranged. 

Offline troy-the-just

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 12:35:31 PM »
yeah i dont see a trip to Joplin on the 23rd, given scheduling etc., we will be playing noon to 8ish most likely, if you are interested pm me and i can give you directions.  if not, we will be playing more or less monthly into the holidays at least.  i suspect thanksgiving to the end fo the year, we may only play once, and that may be in nevada, whihc would be a shorter trip for ya

Offline Petru5

• Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 06:28:20 PM »
yeah i dont see a trip to Joplin on the 23rd, given scheduling etc., we will be playing noon to 8ish most likely, if you are interested pm me and i can give you directions.  if not, we will be playing more or less monthly into the holidays at least.  i suspect thanksgiving to the end fo the year, we may only play once, and that may be in nevada, whihc would be a shorter trip for ya

It's still a little up in the air on when my football draft is.  When I figure it out and if I can "go play", I'll drop ya a line. 
-Private Hudson

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2008, 05:32:20 PM »
Sounds great.  If not we need to figure something for a get together.  We are way too close not to pull off a game.

Offline Petru5

• Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 09:10:19 AM »
Well, my football draft in Joplin is finalized for the 23rd, but the downside is that it's at 2 pm.  It usually runs a couple of hours, depending on if everyone gets there on time and there isn't a lot of him-hawing during the draft itself.  E-mail me your info and I'll see if I can't get over to Pitt for a few hours.  petru05atyahoodotcom.

Chronopia, right?  I don't have anything for that game, but I can bring my Warzone (unpainted and for the most part not even primered) figs.

Is it okay if I bring someone with me? 
-Private Hudson