Author Topic: 5 army scenerio ideas?  (Read 6942 times)

Offline mlnunn

5 army scenerio ideas?
« on: June 29, 2008, 05:58:16 PM »
We have been playing a few 3 on two battles and have decided that we want to play every one for themself for a change and do something other than a free for all.

Any ideas? 

I was thinking one player transporting something across the board and every one trying to take it from them.

Thanks for any ideas in advance.

Michael 
You have never lived 'til you've almost died.
For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know.

Offline troy-the-just

Re: 5 army scenerio ideas?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 11:23:38 AM »
michael, it might take a big board, but we recently tried a 3 player everyone for themselves, its on the battle reports I think.  basically the board is a big circle, each army has a area to defend and spots in that area worth points, plus they must attack their enemy clockwise to try and gain their points.  assign a number of points to use and a minimum of 40% must be used to attack and defend, check it out, the rules are on there if you cant find it let me know.

its hard with odd number of players, the above is about the most challenging we have come up with as it is more or less fair to all players

Offline mlnunn

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 01:50:04 PM »
We actually played a big free for all recently, it worked OK, except one one guy was swatted from the board (blackbloods) fairly quiclkly the rest of us could have played for a long time with him forced to watch.   So after awhile we just ended and counted up remaining points, which was OK, but could have been better.

I have actully been looking at a few Heroscape game ideas that might work, I will let you know if they do.
M

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 06:33:21 AM »
Games get really wild if in the above 5 person battle you played 3 on 2.  The two player army has a total of 3000 points.  The three player army has 1000 points each.

For deployment, let the opposing sides mix in their troops so that it's not the standard corner or section they start in.  Mix it up.  It makes a huge difference when each side can capitalize on the moves of their allies.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 06:43:38 AM »
On the scenario tip -  I was digging through OLLLLD boxes and found a copy of the original 40K Rogue Trader book - It was sort of a hybrid RPG and TTG, back when GW wasn't a corporate monster, and there's a few pages of scenario generators that are really cool!  If you have a copy, I recommend.

D

Offline troy-the-just

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 05:44:40 PM »
Games get really wild if in the above 5 person battle you played 3 on 2.  The two player army has a total of 3000 points.  The three player army has 1000 points each.

For deployment, let the opposing sides mix in their troops so that it's not the standard corner or section they start in.  Mix it up.  It makes a huge difference when each side can capitalize on the moves of their allies.

i have never played a 3 on 2, but would like too.  one of the major drawbacks we find in the 2-1 is the two heads are better than one, plus the mix of forces, makes it hard to counter with even points.  3-2 would be a little more equal i think.  in our survey, the 2-1 , the one wins very few times, especially in an all out battle, in scenarios with specific goals it seems to be a little more equal

Offline mlnunn

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 05:44:36 AM »
We have played 2 on 3 several times, if the 2 are defending they have an even chance of victory.  If it is combat, last man standing or timed, the 3 have won each time.  3 seem to always wind up 2 on 1 and they win, then they all 3 gang up on the last 1. 

We played one 5 man free for all and it was brutal, 4 armies were decimated and the onther guy just layed back until he could roll in an win. 

M

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 06:52:07 AM »
Thats what usually happens with our 3 man games.  2 get into it fairly quickly, and the the 3rd guy swoops in at the end to win.  Thats why we have played the "Circle of Blood" scenario.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline mlnunn

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 10:10:22 AM »
What is the "Circle of Blood" ?

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 06:01:40 AM »
Sorry , I meant "Ring O' Blood".  It is under Battle reports.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143