Author Topic: fire based attacks?  (Read 7763 times)

Offline Jaypeel

fire based attacks?
« on: June 30, 2008, 08:15:10 AM »
Hi all,
I was wondering about  fire based weapons. Do they all cause residual damage, or just those listed?
If they don't cause residual damage what do they do?
Thanks
Jason

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: fire based attacks?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 06:34:15 AM »
I can't think of one that doesn't cause Residual damage, off the top of my head.  Which one/s are you referring to?
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 10:33:04 AM »
I believe he is refering to hand held weapons, like firesword and firebow.  I don't believe they cause residual damage, atleast I have never played them such.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 09:12:48 PM »
I thought I remember reading somewhere what thoose weapons due, bonus wise, but can't seem to find it in the Big Book.  Anybody know the answer to this.  I thought they only did extra damage(+1) to cold based entities, but I could be wrong, and I sure hope I am. ;)

Offline Jaypeel

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 05:53:57 AM »
I was looking at the firesword, sundisk dagger etc..
I've looked through the big book and can't seem to find anything.

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 06:30:16 AM »
I thought I remember reading somewhere what thoose weapons due, bonus wise, but can't seem to find it in the Big Book.  Anybody know the answer to this.  I thought they only did extra damage(+1) to cold based entities, but I could be wrong, and I sure hope I am. ;)

That's what sticks in my mind too, that and anything specifically listed as being vulnerable to fire-based attacks. But I don't see this is in the Tome of Knowledge, it was an FAQ posting as I recall, but I'm not able to verify that.

SP
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 08:20:59 AM »
D'oh!!  I just entered Helios Elves in the painting event, and couldn't think of those!!  They do not cause residual damage, but the fire based effect does more to an ice golem, for example. 

Anything causing residual damage is specified as so.  Anything else is just damage like any other weapon, with a bonus against creatures/objects more vulnerable to fire.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 08:28:28 AM »
Found it!!!!  Look in the Chronopia FAQ under weapon clarifications.  Man, that was driving me crazy!

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 06:04:08 AM »
     After going thru the FAQ, and the Big Book, I'm assumming theat the firebased weapons function like a modifier for things that are vulnerable?  But what is that?  I would like some clarification on the following:

1)  What beings are affected by the firebased weapons.  Is it only the critters from CL that they effect.

2)  What about beings that are immune to fire, and does immunity mean that the weapon causes no damage what so ever, or still does the sword damage?

The way I have always played it is following:  All "cold based" beings are affected.  This includes beings immune to cold-based attacks (Ice Golem, Crystal Knight, Blue lotus eater), but sadly, very little else.  I f a creature is immune to fire, then I just use the normal sword damage. 

I'm curious to hear what others have to say.

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 04:32:44 PM »
No comments? :D  Then I will assume I am correct.

Offline troy-the-just

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 05:40:57 PM »
     After going thru the FAQ, and the Big Book, I'm assumming theat the firebased weapons function like a modifier for things that are vulnerable?  But what is that?  I would like some clarification on the following:

1)  What beings are affected by the firebased weapons.  Is it only the critters from CL that they effect.

2)  What about beings that are immune to fire, and does immunity mean that the weapon causes no damage what so ever, or still does the sword damage?

The way I have always played it is following:  All "cold based" beings are affected.  This includes beings immune to cold-based attacks (Ice Golem, Crystal Knight, Blue lotus eater), but sadly, very little else.  I f a creature is immune to fire, then I just use the normal sword damage. 

I'm curious to hear what others have to say.

not suprising we have the same questions, as cold based can be replaced with firebased.  1) i have no idea that is the big question imo  2)  i think normal weapon damage   I agree all cold based shoulde be affected, same as fire based with cold attacks, otherwise the special ability means very little i think