Author Topic: Camouflage; how does it work?  (Read 4471 times)

Offline pancreasboy

• Journeyman
  • Bauhaus: Uber alles
    • Twisted Pancreas
Camouflage; how does it work?
« on: May 29, 2008, 11:54:05 PM »
I know this has probably been asked 100 times and I did a search but, if I have a model with Camouflage 2 and it's gaining Soft Cover, whats the use of Camouflage?

I mean even if I had Camouflage 1, it would still be useless up against any cover.

Or have I missed something?

Thanks in advance.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: Camouflage; how does it work?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 04:48:06 PM »
Camouflage:2 helps in a few ways:

• If within 4" of intervening terrain (Obstructed), they would be -2 to be hit, instead of the normal -1.  Obviously, if in Hard Cover, you would take the -3 from the cover, and not the -2 from the Camouflage.
  • Camouflage imparts a -2 to be Spotted.
  • Camouflage does (I believe) stack with smoke.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline pancreasboy

• Journeyman
  • Bauhaus: Uber alles
    • Twisted Pancreas
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 02:44:54 PM »
thanx dmc,

so does that mean it will be -4 to spot hidden models (sorry i don't have the book with me atm), and is hidden (taken from 1st and 2nd ed) another word for Minimise Presence?

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 02:50:02 PM »
It will be -4 for Smoke Level: 2; -5 for Smoke Level: 3; etc.

Hidden Units are completely separate from Camouflage.

Hidden Units are units that are using Stealth, Stalk, or Lurk.  These units have specials rules concerning being able to spot them and how they move on the board.  As long as a unit is using one of the special abilities, it cannot be seen without being Spotted, unless it attacks.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!