Author Topic: Gencon  (Read 9394 times)

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
Gencon
« on: May 29, 2008, 11:11:53 PM »
I know Origins is the hot place to be but the date is wrong for me.

I will however go to Gencon! :D

If anyone from here is going too I would definitely want to hook up for a game, chat or drink.

I will be passing through Philly both on the way there and on the way home but only for a couple of hours changing planes. :(

Offline Alxbates

Re: Gencon
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 06:11:48 AM »
I went the last two years, but I won't be going this year.  Spending my hobby money on sculpts and molds instead of a plane ticket and hotel.

*sigh*

I'll miss it... GenCon's a hell of a great time.
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 11:15:10 AM »
Well since I was planning on driving up to visit Alex and maybe play a game or two I guess I can do the same for you Coil. Too bad Alex can't be there. However thanks to the new work schedule it will have to be Thursday as I work Friday thru Tuesday.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 12:00:12 PM »
Gencon is too far off for me to plan yet but, the interest is there.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 05:16:15 PM »
there is maybe a 10% chance that I'll make it out to GenCon...a lot of it depends on the wife and whatever bills get in the way at the time...even if I go out there, it would probably only be for a day...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Goldwyrm

• Journeyman
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 08:57:56 AM »
I'll be there. Not bringing anything to play, I'll be busy shopping and carousing.

Sorry to hear Alxbates can't make it. Perhaps I'll  run into the test of you guys.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 09:16:14 AM »
I want to meet as many of you as possible but will only be there Thursday. I am not thrilled about paying $45 plus an admissions tax but what are ya gonna do? You guys are worth it.  ;D

Since I only have the one day I hope we can make a plan to meet somewhere to say howdy and BS for a bit. That and the Dealer Room are the big things for me. I am approx 4 hrs away so I need to plan for the trip. Any thoughts on when/where to meet?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Coil

• Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 01:28:46 PM »
I'll arrive Wednesday evening. I've signed up for an event on Thursday starting at 12 but I'd really like to meet for some BS or perhaps grab a bite.

Offline Goldwyrm

• Journeyman
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 05:33:27 PM »
I'm flying in Wednesday night. I don't know what hotel yet,   because I'm going with a collective of folks from NJ and we haven't split the rooms yet.. No plans Thursday other than shopping and most of my crew will be deep into playing Warmachine the whole time.

Meeting up Thursday should work. Perhaps a rally point at the bistro area outside the dealer hall?

Offline Coil

• Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 03:00:52 AM »
I'll also be playing Warmachine on Thursday from 12 so maybe I'll get to lose to one of your crew. :)

I suggest meeting at say 4. Since I've never been to Gencon you guys can pick a good meeting point.

Offline Coil

• Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 04:02:05 AM »
When I've told people about my trip they've asked me wher Indiana is and I've answered somewherer in the middle. I just checked the map to see where Indiana is. I had thought it was farther out west. But I guess that shows how bad I am at US geography. :)

Anyway from what I can see on Wiki I should expect it to be quite warm.

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 08:56:50 PM »
prepare for some high humidity...the weather there is about the same as it is here in Cleveland, which is only 5 hours away, so we share the same climate in the middle of August...

B...

Offline Coil

• Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 06:24:17 AM »
So hot and humid outside. What about indoor climate? Hot and humid because of thousands of gamers I guess? Or maybe extremely cold because of industrial strength air condioning?

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 01:46:59 PM »
hot and humid on the inside...quite loud, and hope that you aren't adverse to foul odors...some of these guys probably haven't bathed in some time...

grooming habits are pretty poor among a fair sized portion of the American gaming population...bring a clothespin, or learn how to hold your breath for a half hour at a time or so...

B...

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2008, 03:28:53 AM »
I will counter by saying that Americans are one of the few nations where deoderants are big.  Not so much in the parts of Asia and the Pacific I have been to.  Can't speak to Europe though. 

Gamers in America are the exception though.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!