Author Topic: talamania II pictures  (Read 58884 times)

Offline Ludwig

• Journeyman
talamania II pictures
« on: May 17, 2008, 04:24:37 AM »
here are a few select pictures, ill post more from today and then the rest of the ones I take in about a week or so.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 04:31:37 AM by Ludwig »

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: talamania II pictures
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 10:46:49 AM »
I see no Jungle Board and conspicuously absent is the Big Kahuna but that is definitely Talamania style action. I can understand having the event without me,  :'(  :'(  :'(  but playing cards without PhillySniper....SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!  ;)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 12:59:24 PM »
So, I am just sitting here in Denver, bemoaning my lack of funds, and painting figs. On the plus side, looks like you all are having a great time!

Smoke a stogey and roll some dice for me.   In the meantime, I am trying to finish up at least a few squads of Warzone figs this weekend.  I'll post photos as I get a chance.   

Or, I could sponsor Talamania West in Denver?   

Anyway, back to the paint table!

BW
Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 03:54:10 PM »
 *Sigh*  Perhaps next year.  In the mean time I will have to console myself with Project X.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 05:46:19 PM »
As a fellow T-II refugee, I spent my downtime whoopin some serious Bauhaus bee-hind.  Drummed up a game at my LGS and and brought my Imperial strike force to bear against the great blue machine in a desert battlefield dotted with hills, ruins and an oasis of trees.

Worst moment - Obscene 2 units of Pauldron Hussars supported by Ducal Militia, pinning down half my close combat troops and tearing apart my regulars.

Best Moment - When my blood berets successfully para-deployed behind them and broke up the party.

Looks like you guys had an awesome time, tho.  I suck at poker so I'm not so sorry I missed that, BUT-- That cavern board looks very cool. 

My city is mostly built - just need to find the time to paint it...and a place to put it.....sigh.

Warm regards,

D

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 01:43:57 PM »
I made it for a few hours on Saturday night in a Jail Break from Uncle Sam's clutches.  New Machine Concept force got beat by Prime's Algeroth Evil-ness...  Close battle but not in the cards this time.

Next time, there will be no coaching from me on a better unit to activate.  ::)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 02:39:16 PM »
I made it for a few hours on Saturday night in a Jail Break from Uncle Sam's clutches.  New Machine Concept force got beat by Prime's Algeroth Evil-ness...  Close battle but not in the cards this time.

Dude....I do that all the tiime?!? :o >:(    I tell myself that I'm not going to help my enemies anymore....then I do it again. :o :o >:( :-[

I went to rehab and dit does help....some. :-\ :-[ ::) ;D
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 07:23:42 PM »
Who's who in those pics - if you wouldn't mind sharing--

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 09:14:40 PM »

Hopefully my phone call didn't turn the tide. Besides it sounded like Thom diiscovered the secret of rolling 1's when you had Golgotha on the ropes.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 04:52:19 AM »

Hopefully my phone call didn't turn the tide. Besides it sounded like Thom discovered the secret of rolling 1's when you had Golgotha on the ropes.

Would my saying I have a beat down on the schedule for the army of your choice in payment for the assist you gave him mean anything to you? ;)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 05:38:43 AM »
I will post pics with names as soon as I recover.   :P
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 08:16:48 AM »
Quote from: warzoneD link=topic=4899.msg33876#msg33876 date=
Who's who in those pics - if you wouldn't mind sharing--

Pic 1 - Left foreground is Josh Slater; left background is Dave McGee
Pic 2 - Forground, left to right is Sean Mebert (KalieBloodhammer) and Dave McGee; background, left to right is Hans (Drachen) and Josh
Pic 3 - Left to right is Dave, Sean and Tim Lewicki (luckyone)
Pic 4 - Left foreground then around the table clockwise is Hans, Tim, Jeff, Dave, Sean, Josh, and Mare (the wife)
Pic 5 - Homer the Knucklehead, Chaser of the Laser
Pic 6 - Left foreground then around the table clockwise is Dave, Sean, Josh, Mare, Hans, Tim and Jeff
Pic 7 - Tim shows off his ladies

All pics were taken by Kevin Ludwig using the wide-angle lens.  Thanks, Kev.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 08:25:15 AM »

If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2008, 08:28:20 AM »
Thanks for the guide.  Obviously Tim lived up to his name.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Nighthawk

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2008, 08:55:51 AM »
mighty impressive boards! :)