Author Topic: Not Happy With Prince August  (Read 6606 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Not Happy With Prince August
« on: April 19, 2008, 03:00:01 PM »
I put an order in with them March 25th.  Apparently there was some sort of problem with my card (although I checked with the company and things are peachy with them).

PA never freaking told me.  Three weeks later I sent them an inquiry with a one-sentence resonse.  I have re-done the order (and not gotten a response about it by the way)  but I am guessing that the figure I ordered will not longer be half-off like it was when I placed the original order. >:(
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
Re: Not Happy With Prince August
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 01:26:22 PM »
    they have yet to repon to my email I sent out thursday.  I'll kkep everybody posted on what happens.  It seemed like they have been dropping the ball lately.  I may have to get on the forum and complain.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 12:27:58 PM »
hm, i had two orders ok, and 2 more group orderings over cokiīs forum -> no problems. the other germans also had no problems.

seems to be a recent drop in performance..
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Toshiro

• Journeyman
    • Czech Warzone
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 02:32:31 PM »
In Czech Republic we made about 4-5 no problem transactions in last two years. Every time somebody else did manage the transaction. This time I did.

Order placed Friday, payed Monday, delivered Thursday - very fast delivery. But miniatures worth roughly 40€ were missing with no message. They apparently run out of stock on those missing items, but I payed for all and they didn't let me know. I mailed them last Wednesday. Reply came the same day - that they will check it. Till today no email from PA. I send next email today. So I hope they will let me know...

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 04:38:15 PM »
I got a response that acknowledged my re-order but nothing that says they adjusted the price or anything.  Time will tell.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 04:54:39 AM »
I ogt a responce of 1 sentence.  It said "I will look into it and get back to you."  Call me crazy, but I was looking for a little more.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 08:31:14 AM »
What bugs me is that you can't tell me that all the other stuff the sell brings in that much money.  The British on this forum may be able to answer but is there really that big of a market over there for lousy tin solders?  I know they don't exactly fly off the shelves here.  My point is we have to be a significant source of income for them so a little respect or customer service is not out of the question.

Offline Toshiro

• Journeyman
    • Czech Warzone
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 08:09:59 AM »
Prince August refunded me all money for missing miniatures. A bit slow and with lack of communication but I'm satisfied. I trust PA again :).

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 09:21:32 AM »
they never offered my money back, but are sending me the missing minis.  I'll let everyone know when they arrive.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 11:17:07 AM »
@Toshiro-Glad they came clean.  Pity it takes forever.
@DogOWar-At least they produced the missing figs.

I await my re-order but I expect it won't arrive until next week.

Offline JonatanRaven

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 12:48:13 PM »
What bugs me is that you can't tell me that all the other stuff the sell brings in that much money.  The British on this forum may be able to answer but is there really that big of a market over there for lousy tin solders?  I know they don't exactly fly off the shelves here.  My point is we have to be a significant source of income for them so a little respect or customer service is not out of the question.
I've got the impression that PA is quite big in the tin-soldier-business actually. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember back when I was younger, all the moulds and such came from them.
Quoth the Raven Nevermore!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 03:07:26 PM »
I did hear from them today saying my order was shipped.  We'll see if I got my original price or not.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 02:23:53 PM »
I finally got my package from PA.

They charged me the right price for the Praetorian Behemoth (1/2 due to their sale) but on the invoice they said I ordered 1 Mitch Hunter (I ordered 2) and 1 Golem of Darkness.  In the package I had two Mitch Hunters.

Essentially they overcharged me a euro.  I am willing to accept that they are out of GoD's but the way the order is messed up I am wondering if that is the case at all.

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 04:33:52 PM »
Well, I got a package from PA today.  I have yet to hear from them on southpaws backpacks, and guess what?  I am STILL MISSING A MINI!!! :o >:( :o >:( :( :(  I even sent the codes with the list.  So, now I have to get Southpaws backpacks, and my missing mini!  Those SOK Chieftans must be elusive, as its vanish both times. 

I will say they tried.  I jsut don't want to have to be a nag about it.  Atleast they can save on shipping by sending both at once. ;D ;D ;D ::) ::)

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2008, 09:24:27 PM »
On the topic of receiving a package, I got mine the other day from DogOWar form the Prince August joint order.  Thanks for putting that together. Kudos to you!
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.