Author Topic: Capitol Question  (Read 4592 times)

Offline aoi cobalt

Capitol Question
« on: April 16, 2008, 08:35:52 AM »
Why does the Heavy Infantry Sniper spec. have "Form Fireteam", and the Ranger Sniper Spec doesn't? Doesn't "Form Fireteam" make for a better sniper that just having 10" distance from the squad leader?
(Sniper adds +4" to command range).
"Bring your best dice or bring a good brick." - Thom

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: Capitol Question
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 12:59:46 PM »
You are asking a question that is one of speculation, rather than clarification.  The Ranger Sniper does not happen to have Form Fireteam.  I do not know if it is because of fluff, or if it is because of balance and points.  Either way, it is what it is - not more; not less.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 03:03:28 PM »
You are asking a question that is one of speculation, rather than clarification.  The Ranger Sniper does not happen to have Form Fireteam.  I do not know if it is because of fluff, or if it is because of balance and points.  Either way, it is what it is - not more; not less.

Yep.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 04:57:53 PM »

Indeed...

As having used the bugger once or twice, I have found that Fireteam really is not needed on the Ranger Sniper.  With their infiltrate ability, It is pretty easy to get him into a position that will work and have commanding view of of the field.  Add in that the rest of the squad makes for fairly tough bodyguards, I think he's spot on for points.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y