Author Topic: Warzone newbie taking an interest in the Dark Legion  (Read 18443 times)

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
Re: Warzone newbie taking an interest in the Dark Legion
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2005, 02:56:53 PM »
You're going to have to trust me on this.  I thought that the grunts were communal between apostles and cults/hordes as well, Thom himself told me otherwise.   Each force is completly seperate and has to be legal within it's own rights.  The DL just works a bit differently from the Corps.

(the Supreme Necromagus is a support unit.  The vanilla regular Necromagus is an Individual.)

-PFC joe

Ok Based on your logic, I couldnt ever field a Bauhaus Duke elector force because they dont have their "own" Grunts to use. They HAVE to use the Homebuilders grunts. Also the rules for Bauhaus specifically state that you CAN  select from another Duke Elector forces but they count as support. DL does not state this.
If what you say is correct, then the rules arent what are written, They are what established players have determined them to be. IMO thats not right. I take the rules as they are written.  Afterall that is the point of a rule book. If I was a brand new player and you told me that my force wasnt legal, I would want a better explaination than "You're going to have to trust me on this".

I know how this sounds and I apologize but I am a little POed right now.

I mean this isnt about clearing up a point, this is a MAJOR change in force building criteria.
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2005, 06:56:44 PM »
At the risk of stepping into the fire, let me try to clarify.  What Joe is telling you is not what has been determined by established players.  Established players, at first, interpretted the wording in the book just as you have and where using horde/cult grunts to bring Apostle elites.  It was Thom himself who said that this was not correct.  So it is Thom's interpretation that states the horde/cult and Apostle lists need to be able to stand alone even when played in the same force list.

Your analogy about never being able to play a Bauhaus Duke for lack of grunt options would be correct if the corps and the DL followed the same structure.  But, as Joe previously stated, they have different criterias.  This was determined by Thom and that is why Joe said that you just have to trust him.  Joe, as part of the FAQ team, is just acting as a conduit from Thom
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline PwrSERGE

• Hmm, Excelent...
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2005, 08:11:08 PM »
This is one of those things that deffinately needs to go in the FAQ ASAP. After all, I don't think that this discussion is unique.

SERGE
If at first you don't suceed, use a bigger gun. ~anon

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2005, 01:50:04 AM »
This topic has shown up every so often since UWZ was released. Everytime someone points out the different buying criteria intrpretations for the DL and people object and start out questioning each other's interpretation and quickly move into insulting each other. We're getting dangerously close to crossing that line. Any chance you all can take a deep breath and back off?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2005, 03:05:22 AM »
This topic has shown up every so often since UWZ was released. Everytime someone points out the different buying criteria intrpretations for the DL and people object and start out questioning each other's interpretation and quickly move into insulting each other. We're getting dangerously close to crossing that line. Any chance you all can take a deep breath and back off?
This is very good advice from Topkick here. I suggest you all let matters rest for a while before this turns ugly and I have to start locking threads down and punishing people.

/Andreas

Offline Ruther

• Warzone Deutschland
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2005, 05:45:12 AM »
Since every Apostl has its own Grunt Units its pretty obvious how the rulling is going. Big contradiction to the forcestruckture of say Bauhaus where the Homebuilders are the Gruntchoices and every Duke has its own elites to build up his Force.

The Apostels wouldnt need "Grunt" Units if it wasnt intendet that they build their own forces the normal way (Grunt keeps up elites etc.). Gamebalance wise its the right choice as well as its obviously wasnt intended to combine the  strengths of two amylists (ie the solid Cult grunts getting backed up by the heavy Elite Apostel Units). I thought every one would clearly see it when looking unbiased at the Gamemechanics and that its not intended to be able to build the "uber" forces but building nice and balanced Forces for challengeing games) :).

Dont mind my crappy english grammar, but germans write that way ;D

PS. This excludes the Vulcan/Victor army of Death wich is cleary an offence towards the gamebalance  /me hides  :-*
He Who Laughs Last, Thinks Fastest

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2005, 07:19:47 AM »
Since every Apostl has its own Grunt Units its pretty obvious how the rulling is going. Big contradiction to the forcestruckture of say Bauhaus where the Homebuilders are the Gruntchoices and every Duke has its own elites to build up his Force.

That I can relate to and wouldnt and dont have a problem with if thats the way its ruled.
I do want to point out that it states in the building criteria for DL that you can choose from Cult or Horde but not both. I do not understand the reasoning for that if you cant choose from those lists.

I do apologise for my wording and tone with my previous posts.  There is no justification for antagonism on the threads. EE has done a great job with the site and the game. I apologise to anyone I offended and personally to PFC Joe, you were only trying to help.

Homebase- Philadelphia

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2005, 11:59:18 AM »
hey no worries. It was my fault, I didn't explain clearly enough.

(honestly, it was a surprise to me too)

If ya want to know how to make a killer Horde/Algeroth force give me a PM

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2005, 02:33:31 PM »

The Apostels wouldnt need "Grunt" Units if it wasnt intendet that they build their own forces the normal way (Grunt keeps up elites etc.). Gamebalance wise its the right choice as well as its obviously wasnt intended to combine the  strengths of two amylists (ie the solid Cult grunts getting backed up by the heavy Elite Apostel Units). I thought every one would clearly see it when looking unbiased at the Gamemechanics and that its not intended to be able to build the "uber" forces but building nice and balanced Forces for challengeing games) :).

Dont mind my crappy english grammar, but germans write that way ;D

PS. This excludes the Vulcan/Victor army of Death wich is cleary an offence towards the gamebalance  /me hides  :-*

I saw that! ;)
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2005, 03:51:21 AM »
Ok Just to check.. Would thse be a legal forces?

Force 1

1 Squad of Karnophages
1 Squad of Immaculate Furies
1 Angel of Mercy
1 Squad of Alcolytes <cult>
1 Squad of Initiates <cult>
1 Squad of Destroyers <cult>
1 Supreme Necro w/ Razide <cult>
1 Reaper of Souls <cult>

Force 2
4 squads of Karnos
3 Angels Of Mercy
1 Neph of Muawijhe
1 Ezoghoul

Just need to know so I know what I need to buy to field a force for the Dexcon.

Thx
Philly
« Last Edit: December 24, 2005, 03:58:01 AM by PhillySniper »

Homebase- Philadelphia

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews