Author Topic: Brand X painting: Firstborn  (Read 24193 times)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Brand X painting: Firstborn
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 09:58:07 AM »
Trust me, Chronopia is still the coolest game and setting.  Check our Talamania threads to see our next international event we have planned in May.

Welcome aboard.  We have an active trading community, so it's still possible to find models and build an army.  Anything you need, ask and someone 'round here will go out of their way to help.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 10:49:26 AM »
Post script:  I will bring them to Talamania for anyone who wants to run a Firstborn army list.  If you don't want to pack everything, let me know ahead of time.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 10:52:16 AM by joshuaslater »

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 10:57:35 AM »
Ill take on anyone who wants to use them. I like crystal lotus and black bloods. but im pretty decent with devout too  ;D
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 10:59:22 AM »
All hail the Dark Lord!!!  ;D
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008, 04:08:22 PM »
You do Sci-Fi stuff as well? I'm sure some of the Warzone guys would like to know.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 04:50:06 PM »
Dang, those Firstborn are looking pretty nice for the price you are charging.  That first picture was a bit deceitful as it didn't look nearly as good as the others do.

I dunno though, I like fielding an army I did myself.  Not too mention, I'd never be able to afford any painting service.

Offline pekulior

• Journeyman
    • Brand X Painting
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2008, 05:26:23 PM »
@ Topkick - Indeed we do Sci-Fi as well! We will paint pretty much anything out there! If you are interested, PM me or email me at admin@brandxpainting.com and we can get a quote worked out for you. You can visit http://www.brandxpainting.com/projects_gallery to look at what we've done lately. We don't have any Warzone up at the moment, unfortunately.

@ Glenn M - Thanks for the kind words! While being able to play with an army you painted yourself is a great thing, a lot of people don't care for painting but love to play OR they just don't have time to paint. If you figure in it takes most people on average around 60 or so hours to paint an army, that's a lot of time that could be used to play or do other things.

I should have more pictures posted either tonight or tomorrow sometime. Iron Guard and Swordsmen... possibly the crossbowmen and archers as well.

We are starting to really like the models and I'd be interested in acquiring some. Personally, I like how a lot of the Stygian army looks. If anyone has a Desert Crawler, I'd love to see about either a trade or just buying it outright from you! Or, if you would just like to have it painted, I would LOVE to paint it for you. It just reminds me of the Sand Worms from Dune too much!

Offline pekulior

• Journeyman
    • Brand X Painting
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 11:29:02 PM »
Here are some of the pictures I promised!

These have not been matte coated yet and may need touchups, but it's a WIP so be nice :)

Thomas

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2008, 06:29:38 AM »
Good stuff!  I really like the look of the mounted knights.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2008, 08:21:43 AM »
Lookin' good so far.  Thanks Thomas for posting here so we can all admire your handiwork. 

Question: From the bases on some of'em, I'm guessing you use a silver primer like Tamiya, or Krylon?  Give us a hint please, as it's something we can all learn from.

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2008, 09:13:46 AM »
I agree with Dog - I love the mtd knights.  Well done.

D

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2008, 09:30:08 AM »
This is a hell of lot more fun sharing the photos and letting people give feedback.  I'm looking forward to people being able to just come over and play without having to lug their models around.

Offline pekulior

• Journeyman
    • Brand X Painting
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2008, 05:20:03 PM »
Here are a couple pictures of the Iron Guard models. As for the base paint color. Most everything has been primed in a Charcoal Auto Primer. It's Rustoleum Automobile Primer and the color is Dark Grey, but they come out almost black. After that, the models are sprayed with a light coat of Silver Aluminum. Since most of the models are in armor, this makes the job a bit easier in the long run. Most of the time we prefer to prime in white, light grey or the charcoal color, but it always depends on how the model is going to be painted. The gold trim is Vallejo Glorious Gold. The red is P3 Skorne Red and the purple is Vallejo Royal Purple. After all the models have been finished, there will be some touch ups and what not to clean up the colors. The gems will be picked out in a gloss varnish after the final matte coat. Basing is going to be browns with a green static grass and chocolate brown rim. Only about 40 more models left to paint and it will all be finished. Our goal is to have them finished by the end of the week so I will be sure to keep you all posted on the outcome. In the meantime, I hope you're all enjoying the WIP shots. Normally we don't do this, but I think it kind of helps someone understand the process that we go through.

Thomas

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2008, 06:21:50 PM »
Those Iron Guard look really good.

Are you going to hand make banners for the standard as well?

Offline pekulior

• Journeyman
    • Brand X Painting
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2008, 06:24:26 PM »
It will have a banner of some sort by the time everything is finished