Author Topic: A Topic from Warseer you might enjoy  (Read 8614 times)

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
A Topic from Warseer you might enjoy
« on: March 21, 2008, 02:18:38 PM »
 Hope you like and speculate on this topic.

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133577

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: A Topic from Warseer you might enjoy
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 02:21:48 PM »
Not going to get my hopes up (hope is the source of all despair).  PP is about the only company that could pull it off-Mongoose is tanking SST and BE for a new combined system of some kind.  PP doesn't have a scifi line, just fantasy at this time.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 03:07:58 PM »
Im not going to get my hopes up either. Things have gone bad too many times IMO for a company to want to try again. I think the prevailing feeling is that there isnt a fan base anymore even tho we are here and thriving.

This rumor has the feel of someone floating an idea to see if it takes wing.
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 07:39:13 PM »
Usual suspects reguritating the same tired lines. I frankly took offense when Wally T West listed  "No (to speak of) surviving fanbase" as one of the cons of reviving the game. If they don't even know that the game still has a fanbase then why should I trust their grapevine?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 05:02:57 PM »
Number one.... thats a Warseer idjit. :)

Number two... I am certain those of us who frequent Warseer (not I) can post in there saying that there is still a community.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 05:05:17 PM »
Also on the new Mutant Chronicles website there is a thread about Warzone from some old players.  Someone who can post there might want to drop a line and entice these wayward lambs back home.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 09:08:37 PM »
Also on the new Mutant Chronicles website there is a thread about Warzone from some old players.  Someone who can post there might want to drop a line and entice these wayward lambs back home.

YES, YES, YES! This is what I was attempting to say in the State of the Nation thread. If we are fine with our own little "cul-de sac" within the huge gaming world then, everything is just peachy keen. But, if we have aspirations of once agian being recognized and respected, then we have a lot of work to do.  However, here's the trick, we can't grow at a fast rate and be safe both at the same time. As of now, due to our guarded access, we don't often get freshblood joining our ranks. As such, whenever anyone finds us, we are able to acclamate them into the fold without any issues and all is well in "EE forum world". But to the outsider, it gives the impression that we are dead.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 03:48:10 PM »
I did my duty and dropped a line about us over there.  You can view the post here:

http://www.coggames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5313#5313

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 05:37:08 PM »
I read what you wrote. Very nicely put with the typical Veez Corp flair  ;)
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 12:11:32 PM »
Nicely put Veez.

I strongly doubt there is any substance behind their speculation. I would however be quite happy if Privateer Press picked up Warzone, if any company can make it work it's them. The problem is that PP are probably smart enough to want to create their own sci-fi setting which they can control instead of relying on licencing a brand.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 01:12:50 PM »

YES, YES, YES! This is what I was attempting to say in the State of the Nation thread. If we are fine with our own little "cul-de sac" within the huge gaming world then, everything is just peachy keen. But, if we have aspirations of once agian being recognized and respected, then we have a lot of work to do.  However, here's the trick, we can't grow at a fast rate and be safe both at the same time. As of now, due to our guarded access, we don't often get freshblood joining our ranks. As such, whenever anyone finds us, we are able to acclamate them into the fold without any issues and all is well in "EE forum world". But to the outsider, it gives the impression that we are dead.

Out of the mouths of - well - let's just say, "well said."
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline JonatanRaven

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 03:20:40 PM »
I did my duty and dropped a line about us over there.  You can view the post here:

http://www.coggames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5313#5313

Haha, I read what you wrote although, I found this forum before and clicked that link of yours to read it..  lol
Quoth the Raven Nevermore!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 03:33:42 PM »
Either way you are welcome here!

Offline Randall

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 07:17:12 AM »
Veez recruited me from the COG forums, too ;)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 08:21:54 AM »
And you are most welcome as well!  What armies are you guys interested in?