Author Topic: Warzone newbie taking an interest in the Dark Legion  (Read 18528 times)

Offline Anubis31

• Administrator
  • Exclesior Staff/Design
    • Excelsior Entertainment
Re: Warzone newbie taking an interest in the Dark Legion
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2005, 01:13:32 PM »
They just strategically re-deploy into there graves......

muah-ha-ha-ack-cough-cough-ha!!!!

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2005, 01:15:56 PM »
LOL

they all be " Deader then Disco".

the all time best cobra commander quote.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2005, 09:46:49 PM »
Thanks for the replies!

I was thinking of a Muawijhe force comprised of Acolytes or Initiates from the cult list backed by Karnophages, Furies, and Zenithians.  A balanced list of long and medium range firepower and CC goodness.   Another fun list I was thinking is a Semai one.  With infiltrators backed by some cult firepower, such a list could be a fun army to play.  Any thoughts? 

Thanks again!

I am a new DL player myself< 2 games under my belt>  My DL force is as follows:

2 squads of Initiates
1 squad of Destroyers
1 squad of Immaculate furies
1 Immaculate Imperceptor
1 Supreme Necromagus w/ Razide support
2 Angels of Mercy
1 Reaper

This unit faired decently against a Bauhaus "shooty" army of Vulcans and Victors <mainly>. As it was my first game I learned alot.  This unit also fought an imperial army and faired much better. Very well balanced with CC and RC troops. Being a former Bauhaus player <actually I still am they just are in reserve> It was a different experience but loads of fun!!! Thanks dmcgee1 !!!!!
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2005, 09:50:14 PM »
>cough<  hey philly sniper, you need an Apostle Grunt squad for that Apostle Elite squad to make that a legal force.

You'd also need three Apostle squads to get the three Apostle individuals. 

i do love the Angels of Mercy though.  They can really mess with defenses.

-PFC joe
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 10:24:40 PM by PFC joe »
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Iron Panda

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2005, 07:26:33 AM »
Philly,

Thanks for the sample list.  I'm getting a brief overview of what Muawijhe is all about.  How come there's no Karnophages?  They seem fun to field.  As for the Angel of Mercy and Reaper of Souls, how do you use them?

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2005, 08:08:04 AM »
>cough<  hey philly sniper, you need an Apostle Grunt squad for that Apostle Elite squad to make that a legal force.

You'd also need three Apostle squads to get the three Apostle individuals. 

i do love the Angels of Mercy though.  They can really mess with defenses.

-PFC joe
WHich Apostle Elite squad would that be? The Destroyers?  They are cult and can be brought freely. The Furies are Muawijhe and as that is the base of the Army as long as there are grunt squads they are legal. I believe that is a legal force as is: 2 grunt squads, 2 elite squads, 1 support unit and 3 Indivs. AM I correct? If not please explain.. Thanks

Homebase- Philadelphia

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2005, 08:13:55 AM »
Philly,

Thanks for the sample list.  I'm getting a brief overview of what Muawijhe is all about.  How come there's no Karnophages?  They seem fun to field.  As for the Angel of Mercy and Reaper of Souls, how do you use them?

Ther are no Karnos because I dont have enough<yet> to field a force. As far as the AOM and the Reaper, The cards stay on the board until either  1. It is spotted < which cant be done until an enemy unit is with their leadership minus 6> 2. You decide to reveal the unit or 3. You attempt to charge. They are very nasty if used properly and with some fire support. I used them the first time on their own and they got slaughtered but the second time I had a little fires support < initiates, Furies etc> and they got in range to cause some havok. Id have to say that you must support! support! support! them or they are high priced, multi-wound meat-shields. IMHO

Homebase- Philadelphia

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2005, 09:21:18 AM »
Apostle and Cult/Horde lists are seperate and have to fullfill their own force list requirements.  There is no communal grunt and Elite pool.

so you have

2 Cult Grunt squads
1 Cult Elite
1 Cult support unit (the Supreme Necromagus is a Support choice)
1 General support (Reaper)

and seperately you have

1 Apostle Elite
3 Apostle Individuals.

-PFC joe

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2005, 08:45:12 PM »
Apostle and Cult/Horde lists are seperate and have to fullfill their own force list requirements.  There is no communal grunt and Elite pool.

so you have

2 Cult Grunt squads
1 Cult Elite
1 Cult support unit (the Supreme Necromagus is a Support choice)
1 General support (Reaper)

and seperately you have

1 Apostle Elite
3 Apostle Individuals.

-PFC joe

Hmmm I have to admit that was the way I thought as well in the beginning. But in the book  it says " Players wishing to field a force from one of the Drk Apostles may select from their Apostles list and the common support list. They may aslo select from either the Cult list or the Horde list, but not both. They may never field units from another Apostle."

It also says that The DL doesnt use consultants or advisors which I think is the rule that you are alluding to.

From reading other Corps instructions I get the impression that they tell you when/with whom you can use advisors/ consultants.

Again please correct me if I am misinformed, but that is the take I got.

Homebase- Philadelphia

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2005, 10:48:40 PM »
I understand this the same as Joe.  There was much discussion of this on the old forum and it was decided that each list must be able to stand alone but, your are able to bring both an apostle force and either a horde or a cult force.

So, to bring Immaculate Furies, one would be required to field Karnophages or Screaming Mimis for example.  Acolytes and Initiates would not work to provide the Furies.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2005, 06:04:01 AM »
I understand this the same as Joe.  There was much discussion of this on the old forum and it was decided that each list must be able to stand alone but, your are able to bring both an apostle force and either a horde or a cult force.

So, to bring Immaculate Furies, one would be required to field Karnophages or Screaming Mimis for example.  Acolytes and Initiates would not work to provide the Furies.

I would agree with that but if you look at Imperial or Bauhaus, it states who you can and can not take as CONSULTANTS/ADVISORS. DL specifically states that you cannot use C/A but allows you to choose from Cult or Horde.

Going by your way of thinking how is that possible?

Homebase- Philadelphia

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2005, 07:15:27 AM »
Bryon also under Mishiman they can use general grunts or monks under the lord heirs. Thats why there are House Rules in EE and Tourney events rule book is law. At home or a local shop gaming with friends the book is a guide line and anyway you want to set up your forces can be agreed upon with the person your playing with. I personal have had games where your force above would have been fine. Phil
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2005, 08:42:43 AM »
  I was corrected by Thom on this exact topic ages ago.    For Dark Legion the Horde/Cult lists are seperate from the Apostle lists.  to qualify for Horde Elites you have to have Horde Grunts and to get Apostle Elites you have to get an  Apostle grunts.
Further,  the grunts for a support unit have to be provided by either the Cult/Horde OR the Apostle, you can't mix and match.

As for the other consultants.  Unless specifically restricted, all Corps can take Tribes and or Cartel for their C/A's.  (and maybe Brotherhood as well, Thom hasn't gotten back to me on that one.)

The Majority of the Corps are broken down into common Grunts with house/army/Lord specific Grunts.  The DL provides the indiviiduall apostle grunts.

-PFC joe

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2005, 09:44:35 AM »
  I was corrected by Thom on this exact topic ages ago.    For Dark Legion the Horde/Cult lists are seperate from the Apostle lists.  to qualify for Horde Elites you have to have Horde Grunts and to get Apostle Elites you have to get an  Apostle grunts.
Further,  the grunts for a support unit have to be provided by either the Cult/Horde OR the Apostle, you can't mix and match.

As for the other consultants.  Unless specifically restricted, all Corps can take Tribes and or Cartel for their C/A's.  (and maybe Brotherhood as well, Thom hasn't gotten back to me on that one.)

The Majority of the Corps are broken down into common Grunts with house/army/Lord specific Grunts.  The DL provides the indiviiduall apostle grunts.

-PFC joe

Joe,

I understand how the houses are broken down. Im not debating that point at all. The rule you are quoting tho seems to be the rule for C/A's which doesnt apply here. The rules for building specifically states that DL can chose from cult or horde as part of their force. It doesnt state any other qualifications than that.

I know it may seem that Im being argumentative about this but when being told that "house rules" are ok when agreed upon, I take offense because this isnt a "house rule", Im using the UWZ book to build my force and the rules that are included.

None of the units Im fielding are "support" so I dont need to follow the 2 grunt from that house rule. I dont see where the confusion is coming from. I can understand if the rules are unclear where there would be or could be debate but when the rules are written in the Rulebook, I dont see the need for clarification.

As far as the Horde and Cult lists being seperate, this gives you the ability to play all theses forces exclusively. But the rules specifically state that you can take Cult or Horde with any Apostle just as  with Imperial any Clan can take IDMF, Mishima The Lords can field from the Overlords Retinue, Brotherhood can take from First Directorate and/or The Dedicated Etc. I reallly dont see how this is different for the DL.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 09:46:33 AM by PhillySniper »

Homebase- Philadelphia

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2005, 09:55:10 AM »
You're going to have to trust me on this.  I thought that the grunts were communal between apostles and cults/hordes as well, Thom himself told me otherwise.   Each force is completly seperate and has to be legal within it's own rights.  The DL just works a bit differently from the Corps.

(the Supreme Necromagus is a support unit.  The vanilla regular Necromagus is an Individual.)

-PFC joe