Author Topic: Hirst Arts Molds for Sale/Trade  (Read 6357 times)

Offline Glenn M

Hirst Arts Molds for Sale/Trade
« on: March 16, 2008, 06:20:45 PM »
Alright, here is the dealy-o.  I have three Hirst Arts mold that I like, but don't really ever use.  So I figured I can trade them for molds I want, that or sell them so I can buy some molds I like.

I have molds, 70, 71, and 260.  These are three Fieldstone molds, covering the basic walls, 1" floors, and then an accessory mold.
Here are the pics:
http://www.hirstarts.com/molds/70.jpg
http://www.hirstarts.com/molds/71.jpg
http://www.hirstarts.com/molds/260.jpg

Now, I'd like to trade these for other molds.  Here are the ones I am interested in.
94 - Egyptian Temple
95 - Egyptian Wall
290 - Egyptian Floor
292 - Egyptian Decorative Floor
40 - Basic Block
50 - Wizards Tower
55 - Bell Tower
56 - Tomb
60 - Prison Tower
65 - Ruined Tower
201 - Floor Tile Various Sizes
203 - Cracked Tile

Or I would be willing to sell them, retail would be around $95 and shipping.

I'd go for less, make an offer.

Thanks,
Glenn

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
Re: Hirst Arts Molds for Sale/Trade
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 10:44:36 AM »
If anyone gets these maybe you could mold me a few to make the dungeon larger. Id get them myself but the law has been laid down about any new purchases in the near future.
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 03:31:35 PM »
I have the sci-fi molds and love them - as I posted a few months ago - am slowly building a cyberpunk city - pics as I get stuff done.

D

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 04:40:02 PM »
Actually, let me know if you need more stuff presuming I am still sitting on them, I can churn out a bit more.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 04:07:14 AM »
I have the sci-fi molds and love them - as I posted a few months ago - am slowly building a cyberpunk city - pics as I get stuff done.

D

You might want to go to www.matakishi.com and check you the Infinity buildings article; they use plastic, foamcore and Hirst Arts molds to really good effect.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 03:28:29 PM »
Thnx for the link - I've chatted wirh Paul before - great guy and amazing site.

D

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 04:40:21 PM »
So does all this talk mean you want to buy/trade them ;)

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 05:43:24 PM »
Would love to - but not in a position to right now - Will have to stick with Sci Fi Scenery for the moment

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 10:47:25 AM »
Looked through the Hirst website. Never seen these guys before, don't know how I could have missed them.

Stuff looks really great. I'm especially digging the Egyptian molds....I'm planning a Wargods of Aegyptus campaign and could definitely use those.

To those that have used the molds before, how do they rate?

How has your experiences been with the finished product? (Quality/Wear/Etc)

How easy were they to use?

SP
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 10:52:29 AM »
I'm using them primarily to enhance scenery I'm building with foam core and other materials - I did make one bldg JUST using the molds and it looks quite good.  Mind you - unless you buy multis of the same mold you're going to be doing a lot of casts to build one item.

I also got the Merlin's Magic for my casting material - it takes a little tweaking finding the right mix but once you do it's great.  Also - depending where you are, shipping can be pricey.

D

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 05:18:47 PM »
Southpaw, they are incredibly easy to use.  I have only used normal plaster thusfar, but I want to pick up some Merlin's Magic as I have heard great things about it.  Anyways, no single cast will get you far, maybe a small ruin, but around 10 or so can build you something nice.  Normally to get a good sized building you are looking at 30-ish.  Ruins take a lot less and are far more forgiving for mistakes, also much easier to game on. 

I have built a few structures straight up, including my dungeon and the Warlock's House (on his website, also my first build, came out pretty bad actually), and use them to enhance, both work great.  The molds I have are really nice for fantasy, and work best for areas where worked brick would not be common.  Heck, they'd even do well to make 1" high fieldstone walls to fence in sheep and such.

Hirst Arts has some amazing stuff, and I have been more than happy with my purchases, but I want to move on to other molds more fitting of the stuff I use, so worked brick and maybe the Egyptian (Gotta cover my Elves and my Stygian)

Just go over to his website, he has a ton of great data on his molds and how to use them.

If you want mine, I'll give you a nice discount ;)

Later,
Glenn

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 03:25:09 AM »
How has your experiences been with the finished product? (Quality/Wear/Etc)

depending on the material u use it will be very neat. i have a roman temple from them.

i used "cera-fix" before, a substance (other brand exists) that you mix with water and in about 30 min (after getting hot) it is hard like ceramic and absoutely durable.

-> try it, easy and rewarding.
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 05:12:10 PM »
I decided to sell these for $75 shipped to anywhere in the US, if overseas, I may have to tack on a few extra bucks.  I just want enough to be able to grab a couple molds to replace them.

The molds values are $34, $34, and $29, so instead of $97 and shipping I am gonna go for $75, so you are getting around $20 off.  They are still in great shape as these things are great forever.

Later,
Glenn