Author Topic: State of the Nation II  (Read 15928 times)

Offline semai99

Re: State of the Nation II
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2008, 11:04:08 AM »
Was toying with the idea of using the UWZ rules for an updated version of Battletech's Battletroops, not sure how to work some of it though, anyone else think I'm nuts?

The only problem I see is Warzone is more small individual squad maneuvers with each member of the squad being able to do several different tasks. 

If you could have it so you were using small squads of troops (some armored some power armored maybe the odd elemental) it could work but if you were to incorporate the mechs or vehicles I don't think it will work as well as they will be too powerful.
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline Freak2

• Journeyman
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2008, 03:08:32 AM »
No wasn't going to try incorporating the vehicles or Mechs, lets face it when the mechs start rolling you need A LOT more then a couple of squads of P.B.I.s, Total Warfare is where that belongs. The original Battletroops and Clantroops expansion both avoided the big stuff and kept it just to the grunts which is what I was thinking of doing.

The idea of the Battle Armour is the thing I keep tripping over.

Offline semai99

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2008, 08:19:47 AM »
I think the troops can be easily used as any corp troops. Assaults as assaults, Heavy & Light are represented there within each of the corps

And Elementals, Battle Suits as an equivalent to Vulkans, Orcas, & Mekas in stats and costs.
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2008, 03:40:49 AM »
And Elementals, Battle Suits as an equivalent to Vulkans, Orcas, & Mekas in stats and costs.

well, a good oportunity to include medium size, high cost, high mobility, high firepower-vehicles in the game..

after all, elementals can fly and have rockets & hmg´s--
"Don´t anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."