Author Topic: Painting Services.  (Read 4746 times)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Painting Services.
« on: March 14, 2008, 12:57:02 PM »
Well I've done it.  I sent a whole bunch of Firstborn out to Utah, to Brand X painting.  I will post some WIP shots of the work they do so if any of you consider the idea, you can gauge their quality by someone you know here. 

I'm currently working on finishing all the Dwarf Clans for myself, painting two armies for my nephews, and hopefully throwing some paint on my Warzone force for Talamania.  TOO MUCH!!  I've become really good at assembling and priming models.  Getting anything done however is becoming well nigh impossible.  I'll post some more on my workbench for you to give me some pointers.

My friend Bob has been trading guitar lessons from me for painting lessons from him, as he is fantastic.  The drawback however, is that I've fallen into a depression trying to match his mastery of paint on models.  I can tear it up on an electric guitar, so I guess I know the way he feels, but it's slowed down my painting to a literal crawl as I overanalyze and obssess over everything.

Well, pics will follow.  I've decided to curtail buying whole armies for games I'll never play and indulge myself in having some pros paint the ones that I play, and others who come over to my spot.  My goal is to have all the armies for Chronopia so no one ever has to pack anything more than an extra individual or some cool proxy.  Good times.

Check out the painting service at www.brandxpainting.com

Cheers.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: Painting Services.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 06:49:54 PM »
Why mess with the rest when we have the best? Wedge rocks as a painter and is worth every penny.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 09:15:57 PM »
Heck yeah! Ive seen his work. Its incredible. Very detailed great shading and lloks great when it eats lead!!!! ;D
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 12:38:11 AM »
Is he availablle to paint?  Last time I checked he was backed up with commissions.

D

Wedge

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 08:49:31 AM »
To be completely honest, the speed at which your painted miniatures return to your from my workbench is slow.  I appreciate the compliments from TK and Philly.  If you are not in a hurry to get your miniatures back I am available.  Life has been in the way a lot recently, and I spend all my spare time with the family (which there is little).

I am currently stalled on a project for Topkick (8 machinators are done, 5 chaussuers about 1/2 way done).  I hope to get them to him before the end of the month.  :-\

Send me a PM of what you need done and the time frame and I'll see if I can accomodate... if you're interested that is.  ;D

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 12:08:28 PM »
I've seen your work Wedge, and when you've time again, post on the boards!!  I went with this crew as it's their full time gig.  I would be happy however,  to throw some work your way when you can do it.

My new thing now is to stop buying so many models and spend the money instead on painting services.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA