Author Topic: brotherhood usage  (Read 4930 times)

Offline Moe

brotherhood usage
« on: February 15, 2008, 05:38:27 PM »
can brotherhood squads be mixed with other armies? or is it only individuals? i dont see anything in the book that says how they can be mixed into other forces. i remember from the first edtion that you could use squads and individuals. it was like having elite squads now. full explantion would be great. or direct me to a place where it is already posted or in the UWZ book. thanks.
ebay name- meislee

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Re: brotherhood usage
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 05:53:06 PM »
Bauhaus Sagielli can take Trooper units as support.

Other than that, no.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Moe

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 06:00:27 PM »
Bauhaus Sagielli can take Trooper units as support.

Other than that, no.

capitol says no restriction on consultants and advisors though. so does mishima lord moya and lord mariko. what does this mean? looking at all the other armies i read this as they can use tribes, cartel or brotherhood. i just dont understand how the mechanics work as to how many squads/individuals you could take...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 09:03:38 PM by Moe »
ebay name- meislee

Offline Seamus

• Branch Incentives
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 07:08:17 AM »
Detailed rules on consultants and advisors were taken out of the UWZ book to trim down the size and planned for release in a later supplement.  It's one of the things I'm hoping to see in the supplement books that Thom has promised to eventually make available in a PDF format.
Seamus Muadhen
eBay: branchenterprisesinternational
email: dkidd23 AT yahoo DOT com

There is no security on this earth, there is only opportunity.
General Douglas MacArthur
US WWII general & war hero (1880 - 1964)

Offline Moe

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 07:28:40 PM »
so not even brotherhood individuals can be used in my capitol army, like the rule from the first edtion?
ebay name- meislee

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 08:09:35 PM »
It is my understanding that consultants can be used wherever and however specified, inasmuch as they are bought as support, and that the buying criteria must be met for each squad.

Therefore, if a Capitol army wishes to have a squad of Brotherhood grunts, then they BH grunts are purchased as support.  If an elite unit were to be purchased, then there would need to be two support slots available - one for the grunt to qualify the elite, and one for the elite.

I am not stating this as official, as I, myself, am a little unsure of this.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 12:28:58 AM »
I think it's a good ruling D.  And of course Moe, if you're not playing in a tournament, and your other players agree, you should be able to use them as consultants.

My rule of thumb for this kind of stuff is, is it keeping in flavor with the scenario or spirit of the game, or is my opponent merely tryng to cram as many of the "best" units he can onto one force.

I generally avoid players who attempt the latter--

D

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 04:36:39 AM »
Sounds like a job for the FAQ!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!