Author Topic: Range Bands  (Read 5018 times)

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
Range Bands
« on: January 26, 2008, 02:37:11 AM »
I may have missed this in the FAQ but--

If--

PB is 0-6
SR is 6-12
MR is 12-24  etc.

Then-- At 6" is it PB or SR?  At 12" is it SR or MR?    Etc.

D

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
Re: Range Bands
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 04:17:25 AM »
i belive itīs

0-6
>6-12
>12-24
> ...

on a sidenote: personally i think MR with up to 24 is too long.
especially with much terrain, itīs mostly impossible to engage at >24ī..
we, through a mistake, used MR up to 18ī until now and found it working and not often mattering..
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 09:47:10 AM »
As it is listed, I believe that it would be the acting model's choice to decide whether it is PB or SR (or any other boundary of ranges on which it happens to find itself).  Afterall, if you are so articulate in your movement as to wind up axactly at that range, you are doing it for the reason of gaining the best advantage.  If this results in a disadvantage later, you deal with it. ;D

Our group has always played that if you are exactly at the boundary, the acting model chooses whether it is on one side of the boundary or the other.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 09:20:10 AM »
PB blank goes from zero up to 6. Anything more than 6 is SR and so on.

So anything up to 6.000000" is PB. 6.000001" is SR. ;) But in reality we don't measure with that much precision and in those borderline situations the players will have to agree or roll a tie-breaker.

Obviously the players will then have to remember, so when the opponent fires back the range band between those two models it'd better be the same.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 09:56:58 AM »
Awww, Coil...you verified NoTrollNick's synopsis.  In the paraphrased words of Captain Jack Sparrow, "There'll be no living with him, now..."  ;D
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 09:59:31 AM »
Quote from: Coil link=topic=4624.msg31061#msg31061 date=
PB blank goes from zero up to 6. Anything more than 6 is SR and so on.

So anything up to 6.0" is PB. 6.0000000000001" is SR. ;)

You've left an infinitely smal gap in there, Coil - 6.0.  You should have said, "up to and including 6.0..."  ;)

Just bustin' 'em for ya, buddy!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 10:41:17 AM »
Awww, Coil...you verified NoTrollNick's synopsis.  In the paraphrased words of Captain Jack Sparrow, "There'll be no living with him, now..."  ;D
??? ???

i did not get it.
is it bad that i was right/verified?
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 12:29:03 PM »
I think it's good. :)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 02:43:11 PM »
It is good.  To me, sarcasm equals humor.  I was meaning to say, sarcastically (humorously) that you would take Coil's verification of your understanding of range bands as carte blanche to spew forth more ideals deemed worthy of said verification.  I was attempting to be humorous, but, alas, it does not translate well.  ;)

Edit: By, "spew forth more ideals deemed worthy of said verification," I mean that when some people receive verification that they are right, they tend to take this as verification that they have been, are and will be right in all other circumstances.  I said this in jest, and forget that humor is sometimes lost in translation.  Suffice to say that the fact that Coil verified that NoTrollNick was correct, I did not, nor do not, expect NoTrollNick to become a self-righteous, rules-spouting, know-it-all - that's my job!  It was, merely, a poor attempt at humor from which I will refrain concerning NoTrollNick.  In all seriousness, I am, generally, a lazy typist, and this is just too much work.  :D
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 03:16:34 PM by dmcgee1 »