Author Topic: Tekron W/ Spider Legs (MOVE ME TO PAINTING & TERRAIN PLEASE)  (Read 62385 times)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Re: Tekron W/ Spider Legs
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 12:18:54 PM »
That is the earlier edition tekron. No longer used in UWZ.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline semai99

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 12:24:53 PM »
So who is the Tekron with the tractor base?

D

That was the original Tekron which I suppose you could still use (as the newer one is like golddust), who remembers the other half man/machine with the guns and two small bodyguards carrying his stuff I can't be sure but I think it was a hellfire cart?
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 12:31:50 PM »
Yes it was the Hellfire Cart and it had 3 childen of Illian. 1 spotter/1 mechanic/1 sword holder. ;)
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 12:41:04 PM »
Well, I have two of those old skool tractor bubbaz.

D

Offline semai99

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 12:56:52 PM »
Yes it was the Hellfire Cart and it had 3 childen of Illian. 1 spotter/1 mechanic/1 sword holder. ;)

Cheers Dragon,

I wonder why they dropped it it was an weird idea a slight change in the sculpt and it would have been great the idea is very dark legion to me

Well, I have two of those old skool tractor bubbaz.

D

you could use the top part of the tekron and give it some spider legs? and use the tractor part for another conversion perhaps

Offline CmdrKiley

• Mini Art of War
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 01:21:13 PM »
Good idea.  Get one of those Tehnolog kits with the spider legs, that I used to make my Cancer Mounted Machine Gun, and mount fat boy's body on it.  Add some piano wire tentacles and you now have a Tecron Warmaster.
Back in my day we didn't have that fancy non-toxic pewter stuff.  We played with lead, LEAD I TELL YA! and we liked it.

Offline semai99

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2008, 01:33:47 PM »
Good idea.  Get one of those Tehnolog kits with the spider legs, that I used to make my Cancer Mounted Machine Gun, and mount fat boy's body on it.  Add some piano wire tentacles and you now have a Tecron Warmaster.

Sounds Like a good idea to me I'd probably get rid of the spanner in his hand and add something more sinister  or a necrotech claw as he is now armed with that.

You could even use some Bug legs from Starship troopers perhaps? for a more spiderlike look

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2008, 03:12:43 PM »
What the &%^#^$@ is technolog?

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2008, 03:27:20 PM »
What the &%^#^$@ is technolog?

Toilet Humor: "Whew - that was one helluva Technolog!"
Dyslexia: "How do you spell tek-nah-lo-jee?"
Administration: "Put that in you technolog."
Next generation: Analog, Digital, Technolog
Periodicals: TECHNOLOG - The Catalog of All Things Technical
Actual:  A company that makes gaming aids
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 03:28:57 PM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2008, 05:13:01 PM »
Take the old Tekron and a Dreadbot for the body/spiderlegs. Add the Tech marine backpack/servo-arm or some tentacles. Put hands from the plastic Ducals/Regulars onto the tentacles and put tool bits and small weapons in the hands. That would make a passable Tekron Warmamster. I will add this to the projects list right behind the Cancer Mounted Machine Gun.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline CmdrKiley

• Mini Art of War
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2008, 07:13:57 PM »
Tehnolog is a Russian toy company that makes a line of modular terrain and vehicles for gaming.  They have a game of their own called RoboGear.  They are imported to the US through Pegasus Hobbies.  Urban Mammoth & Airfix import them to the UK.

The building sets (Hexagon, Platformer, Syberclicks, Power Plant, Chemical Plant, and Mage Gothic) are quite versatile and I use them for lots of terrain projects.

Now the kit I'm recommending for this Tekron Warmaster would be the RoboGear Spider.  Yeah they sort of look toy'ish and dorky (and even come with spring loaded missiles) but when you break them down they are a kitbasher's treasure trove and quite affordable too.  You can obtain them for about $10 a kit, and many times for less.  Do an eBay search and you can find them pretty cheap.

Now back to the subject.  Omit the ****pit module and the gun turret on the back.  Now you have a 6-legged chassis for which to mount the upper half of the old Tekron model on.  Simply add some more techy bitz and some heavy piano wire tentacles and you now have a Tekron Warmaster!

I used the same kit to make my Cybertronic Cancer Mounted Heavy Machine Gun.  I'm also using the Thunder kit to make my Templar Horde Verounist Stingray, just omit the ****pit again and use the wings and engines.  Several other kits would be useful in making suitable proxies for an EDD or Hurricane Warwalker.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 07:30:30 PM by CmdrKiley »
Back in my day we didn't have that fancy non-toxic pewter stuff.  We played with lead, LEAD I TELL YA! and we liked it.

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2008, 02:11:10 AM »
Great idea - I bought 2 on ebay!!!

D

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2008, 02:44:40 AM »
You can also buy them on Amazon.com for pretty cheap.  A google search will probably produce a couple other distributors. 

I'd say use the dreadbot but the techonolog spider is much cheaper I hate to say.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2008, 04:19:58 AM »
Believe me I wish I could offer them for less but it is a consignment deal  :'(
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2008, 12:51:21 PM »
I think I like the scorpion fig better--- as I may have mentioned...

:)