Author Topic: Unreleased rules--  (Read 19189 times)

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
Unreleased rules--
« on: January 21, 2008, 01:37:17 PM »
There were rumors last year that the missing world books and a vehicle rules book might be available in PDF form this year. 

Does anyone know if this is true, and if so, where and when it might happen?

Cheers and happy MLK Day!

D

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Re: Unreleased rules--
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 01:48:01 PM »
Yes it's true, but there is no confirmed date/time of release. Thom is very busy in the 1st quarter of the year so I wouldn't exspect anything before April/May.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Enker

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 12:19:49 AM »
I hope there are not trying to overpower the new units.

I know this from many games and from the 1st edition.

New units are often more powerful as the old ones,
and therefore the old units vanishes in the forces.

For Capitol I would like to see some units for close quarter fight,
esp. Grunt Troopers.
Marines! Lets kick some A S S!

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 09:33:13 AM »
AFA world books, I think they're focused on campaigns and battle environments - but frankly IMO, any new material would be thrilling to at least read.

D

Offline semai99

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 10:09:51 AM »
The Missing world book could be the Mercury book they were working on as a follow up to the Mars & Venus ones they released I hope so as it was said to have rules for new Mishima units and cave fighting. And even better if it was the Dark Eden book revamped.  ;D
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 10:48:01 AM »
The Mars and Venus books were for 2nd edition not UWZ. We'll have to what and see what was planned to be added. ;D
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 01:44:19 PM »
Here are some covers I found on Amazon a while back---

They were avail. for pre-order but as we all know...

Hopefully all 3 were written....   ;D ;D ;D

Offline semai99

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 02:18:34 PM »
The Mars and Venus books were for 2nd edition not UWZ. We'll have to what and see what was planned to be added. ;D

True but I bet they were written for 2nd edition before target went under and excelsior inherited the drafts hopefully these  were updated to he new version as the covers seem to say ultimate edition on them.

Lets hope they do come out the original Mars and Venus books were good and I'd like to see the Dark eden universe and troops fleshed out a bit more.

Offline Lopis

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 02:36:40 PM »
coooooool

<-- wants some ;-)
Solus honor cladem avertat !

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 02:41:03 PM »
@ WarzoneD - It is my understanding that these are written and are the ones that are promised to be released in 2008. Thom Talamini is among other things a corporate CPA type who will not have a minute to himself until 16 April at the earliest. After that expect them to be proofed and released as PDF's over the summer/fall months.

@ Semai99 - The Venus and Mars books were faction specific. I believe these will cover all the factions based on the respective planets.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline semai99

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 02:52:40 PM »
@ WarzoneD - It is my understanding that these are written and are the ones that are promised to be released in 2008. Thom Talamini is among other things a corporate CPA type who will not have a minute to himself until 16 April at the earliest. After that expect them to be proofed and released as PDF's over the summer/fall months.

COOL sign me up for a copy when it gets released as I have a copy of everything else from 1st edition onwards

@ Semai99 - The Venus and Mars books were faction specific. I believe these will cover all the factions based on the respective planets.

Great I like this idea so there will be some new planetary units probably like imperial raiders.

I wonder if it will include any types of vehicles such as APC's or trucks?

Can't wait for more stuff just reread my copy's of the novels great fluff.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 03:00:52 PM »
I wish I had the answers to specific questions but I never got to actually peruse the tmes in question.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 11:15:25 AM »
As we are in mid-September, and just a few month away from adios 08 (can you believe it!) was just wondering if those closest to the source had hear word or rumor on the vehicle rule or world book pdfs?

Thnx

D

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 11:27:56 AM »
As we are in mid-September, and just a few month away from adios 08 (can you believe it!) was just wondering if those closest to the source had hear word or rumor on the vehicle rule or world book pdfs?

Thnx

D

*sigh*

I know....  I will look into it.  Gimme a few days man.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2008, 11:53:54 AM »
From Thom in the thread regarding the Heresy order:

"Jason (et. al).

Nearly all their models will be statted up for use in the games.  I will try and sit down tonight and post up the unit sizes so you can at least know who is an individual and/ or what size a warband may be.  Some of the stats will be posted on these boards in advance of the new site.

Cheers!" 

I think the "new site" is indicative of forward progress.  Keep in mind that Thom is now having to move house because the owners of the place he is renting decided to sell and give him the opportunity to buy or move elsewhere.  He's been busy house hunting and let's just say writing code.....

That's all I can say about that.

As for units for the game engine, you'll be seeing those on these forums too.  Right now we're working on mostly Fantasy stats for the Heresy line, but sci-fi will be appearing too.  See the "New Evil Models Coming" thread in the Chronopia section.  Also check out the "Time to Rally" thread in the announcements.

Thom will make an official announcement answering your question regarding the unreleased sourcebooks, and whatever else he's cooking up.

Stay tuned and enjoy your gaming.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA