Author Topic: Flame Thrower Rules  (Read 15798 times)

Offline JonatanRaven

Re: Flame Thrower Rules
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2008, 12:20:13 PM »
Rule of Thumb = a 1/4" more or less on a template shouldn't matter too much - Fun is numero uno.
Well, since I've never had the UWC-templates, I don't know the difference from the 2nd ed ones. ;)

As for flamers not being fun for the ones underneath the template, well..   :D  ..that's kind of their purpose.. ;)
Quoth the Raven Nevermore!

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2008, 03:30:08 PM »
Oh, it looked like you had samples from 2nd and 3rd in the pics   ???

Offline JonatanRaven

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2008, 04:21:07 PM »
That might be so, I still have no clue..   ;D
Quoth the Raven Nevermore!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2008, 01:36:50 PM »
Rule of Thumb = a 1/4" more or less on a template shouldn't matter too much - Fun is numero uno.

What he said (and karma to him, for it).

The templates in the back of the UWZ Manual are nearly identical to the 2nd Ed. templates.  They're interchangeable and make no difference in the game, whatsoever.

As for specialty templates, all weapons that use templates are (read, "should be") defined in the Weapons section of UWZ.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Durandal

• Unstable Construct
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2008, 09:15:53 PM »
My group uses the 2nd edition templates and they seem to work just fine.  The only one I can't find is the normal shotty template so we tend to just hold the auto-shotgun template about half an inch in and measure from there.

Though I am wondering if a place that does cutom counters/templates like Litko could make a set of these at a good price.  Would be cool to get some nice quality templates done for Warzone (and Infinity for that matter).  May have to look into that one day.