Author Topic: Flame Thrower Rules  (Read 15786 times)

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
Flame Thrower Rules
« on: January 19, 2008, 11:32:04 PM »
Just double checking - So, unless I'm reading this wrong, FT's use the same rules as Shotguns (make a hit role for every model under template).

Also targets DO get cover bonuses.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: Flame Thrower Rules
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 08:47:39 AM »
Every model under a Flamethrower template is hit, as there is no Cluster Efect for Flamethrowers.  Every model must make an AR save, or suffer a wound (or more - residual damage).  Models gain NO cover bonus for any directly-placed templates.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 10:53:41 AM »
Yes - that's what I thought.  Thanks.

D

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 12:20:12 PM »
... (make a hit role for every model under template). ...

Yes - that's what I thought.  Thanks.

well, neither shotgun nor flamethrower need a to hit role, i think!
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 12:21:14 PM »
As I read it, you make a separate hit roll for each target under the template.

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 12:28:39 PM »
can someone plz post the page of the FT-rule?? i canīt find it.. also where is the cluster-rule?

i am fairly shure there was no to-hit role! but, if i am mistaken, better i know..
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 12:39:18 PM »
Ther NO Attack roll - only an AR save for all models under the template, up to the Cluster Effect.

If I may clear this up, further, let me know.   :)
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 12:53:44 PM »
Hey D- Not disagreeing with you, but can you pls. tell me on what page it says FT's don't need to make a hit roll so I don't have a 20 min dispute with my opponent nex t time.   ;D

Thnx

D

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 12:55:04 PM »
I was looking up the pages when I found this on page 130. Flechette Weapons 21.2 A model firing a flechette weapon places a Shoygun Templete down, and then makes a single RC attack against all of the targets under the templete, starting with the closest. Then it goes on to talk about Cluster Effect.
 This would emply that you could roll a 1 and do critical damage or a 20 and be -4 to next shot. Now does this wording mean 1 to hit roll or a to hit roll for each model up to the Cluster effect?
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 01:01:10 PM »
I took it to mean the latter.  1 hit roll for each opponent under the template - I thought this would apply to FT's too since they were also direct template weapons.  I couldn't find rules for FT's or direct templates anywhere else.  And while it says that indirect templates ignore cover, this no place it says direct tempaltes do....so far as I can tell...so far  ;)

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 01:04:33 PM »
1 hit roll for each opponent under the template - I thought this would apply to FT's too since they were also direct template weapons. 
you donīt role for shotguns, too!

no to hit role for FT & shotguns.

just the FT hast cluster = infinite

but where the rule is, donīt know.

can someone check the faqīs (2). ??

i donīt have them right now..
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 01:06:11 PM by NoTrollNick »

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 01:07:30 PM »
Are you sure -- read page 130

"A model firing a flechette weapon places a Shotgun Template down, and then makes a single RC attack against ALL OF THE TARGETS UNDER THE TEMPLATE (my empahsis), starting with the closest. 

Since it says starting with the closest, I take this to mean a roll is made for each target.  In fact I think editing-wise it ought to read "separate RC attack."

D

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2008, 01:10:09 PM »
The rule for Cluster Effect is on page 130.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 01:19:55 PM »
Yes - so how do we know the shotgun rules this doesn't apply to FT's?

And though Pg 53/54 says INDIRECT FIRE weapons suffer no terrain or MP penalties, there is nothing about direct fire templates.

The only other references are on page 121, which has no rules on hitting and 130 (for Flechette weapons, a.k.a. - shotguns).

Am I missing a rule somewhere?  Pls show me--  :)

D

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2008, 01:20:29 PM »
man....

found it in the faq: (-PFC joe, i think wrote it)

Templates
Directly placed templates are weapons like Shotguns and FT's. Ones that don't require a roll to hit.
IE the teardroped (and occasionaly small explosion) shaped templates that you lay touching the
attackin model and pointing outward.
For directly placed templates, the small point of the template touches the edge of the base of the
attacking model and has to point at the nearest enemy model. as long as it touches the nearest
enemy model you can position it to cover as many enemy models as the template can hit.
With a cluster effect you hit up to the number. not wound up to the number. Only the effect number
of armor saves are made.
...directly placed templates have thier own qualities that give them some pizzaz. Some are pros and
some are cons. Having a limited range is countered by the auto-hit. Not having a chance to roll a
critical is countered by never having the damage reduced....
(....)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 01:25:15 PM by NoTrollNick »