Author Topic: Praetorian Behemoth  (Read 14187 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Praetorian Behemoth
« on: December 27, 2007, 05:07:29 AM »
Can the Behemoth use its Giant Azoghar (a polearm) one-handed?  It matters, as the Decimator handgun is listed as a Sidearm, and the rules specifically state that a sidearm and a polearm may not be used simultaneously, thereby negating the use of one or the other for Secondary Attacks, unless specifically stated in the models' profile.

It is not listed, but one might assume that because the Behemoth has four arms, this may, in and of itself, render the rule moot.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Re: Praetorian Behemoth
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 06:24:28 AM »
All Polearms require 2 hands to use as listed page 126, but the Behemoth has 4 arms and Secondary Attack. He may use both when in CC and snice the rule for SA only states in CC he could be 1 inch away away.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 06:39:42 AM »
"but the Behemoth has 4 arms"

Isn't that cheating?
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Lopis

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 06:47:25 AM »
I want an extra Set of Machin-pistols and Punischer Swords for my Crucifiers..... :o
Solus honor cladem avertat !

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 06:48:46 AM »
Remeber, Behemoth actually has 4" reach (1" for Azoghar, and 3" of his own).
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 06:49:26 AM »
I want an extra Set of Machin-pistols and Punischer Swords for my Crucifiers..... :o

Yeah me too, then maybe they wouldn't suck so hard.

SP
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

Offline Lopis

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 07:06:20 AM »

Since they have four arms also..... would be nice.

Lets make a poll  ;D

"Four arms, more weapons"

You have my vote !

So back to topic:

I donīt think he gets a secondary attack with the Handcannon.

The rules for sec. attacks apply normal. so if you canīt use another weapon than the primary one (which you canīt with the polearm whats covered by the rules -OK its covered for both hands and not for 4, but follow the reasoning through first- since nothing is otherwise stated) you get a sec. attack with the primary. In this case the Azoghar.

Other way round, if you use the Handcannon, you get a sec. attack with the Handcannon, since you canīt use the sidearm with the polearm; same reasoning as above.
Since the Behemoth has two weapons, you can choose what to do.
Two attacks with the handcannon or two with the azoghar.

I would advise the handcannon  ;)

OK, the pic implies he wields both at the same tiome and it looks pretty cool, but thatīs what I fish out of the rules..... :-\
Solus honor cladem avertat !

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 08:51:07 AM »
the Hand Cannon is a Sidearm, which may be used in CC either as Primary or Secondary attack.

Teh reule about polearms needing two hands and sidearms only applies when the model does NOT have Secondary Attack.  And to be honest, the Secondary attack for a polearm trooper would likely be a second swing with the pole arm- unless the model initially attacked in CC is killed.  Then the SA using a sidearm would come into play... and to be honest, if you get SA'd by the Behomth's Cannon.... that would stink. :)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 08:59:41 AM »
Yeah I miss the old Crucifier myself , when he had 2 CC/2 RC attacks per action, but that was then and this is know. ;D
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 11:33:06 AM »
Two attacks with the handcannon or two with the azoghar.

I would advise the handcannon  ;)

Cannot be the Handcannon, twice, unless the Behemoth is in base contact with its edit [initial] target.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 11:42:36 AM by dmcgee1 »

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 11:35:54 AM »
  Teh reule about polearms needing two hands and sidearms only applies when the model does NOT have Secondary Attack. 

???

Nowhere does it say that in the rules, that I see.  I like using my Behemoth's 2ndAtk as much as the next guy, but I am sure that the rules won't bend because of that line of logic.  Maybe because the Behemoth is SZ 6 and has four arms, but not just because he has Secondary Attack.

Offline jjdodger

• Board Member
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 11:38:08 AM »
cant be the polearm twice, either. You get 1 attack with each weapon. If you only have 1 weapon, then you may use it twice, otherwise, 2 attacks, 2 different weapons.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2007, 11:39:06 AM »
cant be the polearm twice, either. You get 1 attack with each weapon. If you only have 1 weapon, then you may use it twice, otherwise, 2 attacks, 2 different weapons.

If I cannot use the sidearm along with the polearm, then I only have one weapon.

Offline jjdodger

• Board Member
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2007, 11:47:46 AM »
You have FISTS (natural attacks). You can use them as one attack, and then the gun as a secondary attack. Or, the pole arm as one, and the fists as a second! or any combination/order you want, as long as the pole arm and the gun are not used in the same action.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 11:54:00 AM by jjdodger »

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2007, 11:59:07 AM »
Natural Attacks are Special Abilities - not weapons.