Author Topic: The miniatures themselves - resculpts???  (Read 21291 times)

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
Re: The miniatures themselves - resculpts???
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2005, 03:32:52 PM »
I cant complain about the Fremen having Brass Knucles, it makes them one of the most efficient CC killers in the game.

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2005, 03:51:10 PM »
I was thinking of cutting the Gunnery Sgt.'s Sword and glueing some jewelry chain on his hand, so he can wield a length of chain. :p
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2005, 08:29:33 PM »
Honestly, the only mini in the entire line that I refused to touch was the old Brotherhood Elite Trooper Squad Leader.  That gigantic head and complete disregard for preportions turned me off entirely. 

I'll second you on that-that fig was abysmal and it's passing will not be mourned.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Anubis31

• Administrator
  • Exclesior Staff/Design
    • Excelsior Entertainment
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2005, 06:17:50 AM »
Though in a freakish manner he may be resurected in another figure. ( in the way of his poor old ugly self being sacrificed to the pewter gods by way of a 500 degree melting pot. ) THough his big melon does keep him afloat for about 2 secs before he is completely gone.

Offline Spagg

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2005, 01:58:08 PM »
I like most of the models in Warzone. However, I do agree with the Rams Air Cav!

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2005, 08:37:21 PM »
I like most of the models in Warzone. However, I do agree with the Rams Air Cav!

he looks like someone that had a bad attack of the Taco Bell...

B.
make a run for the border...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2005, 08:44:13 PM »
I used to think that the worst looking of the minis were things like the Brotherhood Mystic or the RAMS Air Cav (both of which are pretty bad looking figs)...but my opinions have changed slightly....

Now each of those figs are bad, but they are both really individuals (yes I know, the RAMS are a support choice, but I haven't fielded more than one YET...that will change, I am sure)...

Recently, I purchased some Hatamoto for my quickly expanding Mishima army, and I think that they have won out for me....once I finally looked at them, I noticed how blocky they were, as well as how big their heads are...

I can be patient regarding a resculpt for them though, as I would like to see a few things in the Mishima list as a first sculpt first..(Monks anyone?...please?...pretty please?...)

B.

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2005, 04:16:19 PM »
I understand what you mean about the blockiness and big helmets of the Hatamoto B.  But, I do think that it is by design.  They look as if they were modeled after the ancient samurai where their armor was as much a status symbol as it was practical.  The bigger and more ornate, the better the man that was wearing it.  I'm no expert in the Far East mind you, but I did take a class in it.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2005, 12:45:03 AM »
The Hat's are rather old models though and I am not completely sure it was by design. Anyway they do not look that nice in my opinion either.

It is not the highest priority for me, but I do think that resculpts should be done for older models when the time and resources are available. The models EE have sculpted and released may be few but in general I think they are pretty nice. So if they can resculpt some of the old stuff to modern standards it'll be great.

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2005, 05:15:54 PM »
The Hat's are rather old models though and I am not completely sure it was by design. Anyway they do not look that nice in my opinion either.

It is not the highest priority for me, but I do think that resculpts should be done for older models when the time and resources are available. The models EE have sculpted and released may be few but in general I think they are pretty nice. So if they can resculpt some of the old stuff to modern standards it'll be great.

I totally agree...I'd rather get some of the things that have never been sculpted done first...

For example...I'd love to finally see the Stormtrenchers (I've heard that they have been sculpted, I'm excited), Mishima Monks, and the Typhoon Rocket Mortar...

The older things will do for now...they are just fun to make a little bit of fun about (ask Stalker about the Flying Crapper)...

B.
But those Hatamoto, especially the HMG, are just awful...

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2005, 06:11:19 PM »
Stormtrenchers would work well as the Elites of my Regulars/Trenchers Imperial army, I can't wait till they're out.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2005, 09:55:23 AM »
I have seen the Stormtrenchers.  They are beautiful, and are almost there (a few details left).  You will all be very happy with them.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2005, 05:13:12 PM »
I have seen the Stormtrenchers.  They are beautiful, and are almost there (a few details left).  You will all be very happy with them.

tease...

B.

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2005, 12:07:11 AM »
The older things will do for now...they are just fun to make a little bit of fun about (ask Stalker about the Flying Crapper)...

Yes, I do believe that I have a finely painted collection of the constipation squadron.  ;)
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Christof

• Linia Frontu
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2005, 12:28:03 AM »
tease...
B.
http://liniafrontu.ehost.pl/index.php?galeria=47
 ::)
LINIA FRONTU - Ultimate Warzone Website
my wargaming blog