Warzone > Game Questions

Inspiration...: for what applicabel?

(1/6) > >>

Lopis:
OK, I hope this wasnīt asked before didnīt find it answered the way I would like it.....

Inspiration isnīt usable for the initiative Rolls.

But is it usable for other rolls than morale checks?

Lets say a Division commander LD 13 with inspiration:2 is in command distance of the seargeant of a squad of grunts.
Can they use the enhanced Leadership of the Division commander for spot rolls or TacSense rolls ?

Or again only for the morale checks?
Because the Divisional commander could anyway rally the grunts without the roll.
Seems a pretty useless SA for me  ???

Thanks in advance

Southpaw:
Yes, there are lots of non-morale related situations that cause LD tests:

Spotting
Jumping Down from large heights
Avoiding Damage from falling models
Firing from Wait
Dive for Cover

And that's just a few over the first few pages. Inspiration can be quite useful.

Lopis:
Thatīs what I wanted to hear.
That itīs NOT usable only for morale checks.

Not for Initiative either, but I can live with that.

Dr. Nick:

--- Quote from: Southpaw on December 18, 2007, 07:15:40 AM ---And that's just a few over the first few pages. Inspiration can be quite useful.

--- End quote ---

not sure, but i think inspiration is only for morale..

so, itīs efficiently LD of officer + insp for morale.

the question i would like to know:

officer1 = LD 15
officer2 = LD 14 + insp2

a) what if officer1 is in command dist from officer2 _with inspiration_, does officer1s LD increase (yes) and troops in _his_ comm dist can profit even if they are not in comm dist. of officer2 ??
-> i think yes, as officer1 gets the bonus and troops can use his effective LD (reverse, if his LD is reduced, it also affects his leading abilities)

b) troops in comm dist of officer2 _and_ officer1, but officer1 not in comm dist of officer2
what happens?
-> i think 15 (from off1) +2 (gained from off2) is right

i love this ability, even if only for morale.. the blood & gut is really nice for capitol..

Southpaw:
Based upon the wording, it's not entirely clear whether it is strictly for morale or not. I'll check the FAQ.

It does state to "enforce Morale", in the fluff of the ability, but the ability rules simply states adds to LD within command radius.

SP

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version