Author Topic: Rapit fire weapons  (Read 4553 times)

Offline Anomander_Rake

• Fortune favours the brave
Rapit fire weapons
« on: December 08, 2005, 04:03:08 AM »
Hi out there,

there are some missile weapons like slings, blowpipes and the heavy repeating crossbow, that have a rate of fire of 2/1 which means they can make two shots per one action...

Assuming the standard SOK slinger I can make 4 shots in one activation. How many targets can I shot at? 1, 2, 3 or 4?

In the appendix there is some rule concerning the crossbow, like you may not fire the second shot if the target is more than four inch from the first target away...

Will this be the same rule for all rapit fire weapons? Will there be a malus to shooting like it is with secondray attack (-4) in CC?

Anomander Rake
It's better to be silent and thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
Re: Rapit fire weapons
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 09:01:18 PM »
1. Assuming all targeting priorities are legal, you can make 4 shots with Blowpipes, Slings, and any other 2/1 weapon, with a model with 2 actions. Your targeting priorities will determine how many models you are able to fire at with how many shots.

2. The 4" target rule is specific to the Heavy Repeating Crossbow, and does not apply to other multiple shot weapons. Again, refer to targeting priorities for legal targets.

3. Multiple shots in the same activation do not incur penalties as those found with Secondary Attack. The 4" rule for the Heavy Repeating Crossbow is already limiting enough.

Hope this helps.
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

Offline Anomander_Rake

• Fortune favours the brave
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 01:39:24 AM »
.......Hope this helps......

Yes, thank you! After nearly four days without any answer I began to think nobody could help me... ;)
It's better to be silent and thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 05:21:57 AM »
Sorry about that. I'm usually quicker with replies, but hadn't been on the board for a bit.

Glad to be of service. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin