Author Topic: Bauhaus proxies without gasmasks.  (Read 3999 times)

Offline Gravel

Bauhaus proxies without gasmasks.
« on: December 05, 2007, 10:35:17 AM »

I think these would make perfect Ducal Militias http://theminiaturespage.com/news/17843/

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: Bauhaus proxies without gasmasks.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 01:12:07 PM »
Nice figs.  The fig on the right in the top pic would make a great Legate but I don't have time to learn German and the site doesn't have a translator so I will keep what I am currently using.

:o  Update   :o

Finally got to the figs and figured out enough to know that they want about 6 bucks each (8 Euros for 2 figs). At that rate it would cost about 1oo bucks to do 1 large Legate Squad - I think I'll pass.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 01:24:54 PM by Topkick »
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 01:34:15 PM »
The dollar is pretty weak at the moment which I guess sucks for Americans who like imported goods. It is great for people like me who buy lots of books and stuff from the US.  :( :)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 01:46:21 PM »
The dollar is pretty weak at the moment which I guess sucks for Americans who like imported goods. It is great for people like me who buy lots of books and stuff from the US.  :( :)

Sooooo.........It would be cheaper for you to come to Talamania II than for us to bring Talamania II to you then? 
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 03:02:49 PM »

I smell a warzone futures speculation prospectus (and other stock terms of which I have no clue).
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 12:59:14 AM »
I think these would make perfect Ducal Militias http://theminiaturespage.com/news/17843/

Teutonische Sturmpioniere  ??? ???  oh my..

that is too much gaslight-style for me..

the figs are nice, of course, but they donīt have the WZ smell. itīs more like a "cuthulu/differentation maschine-crossover (oh, i see he calls them "Pulp Prussians")

link to the shop category with the guys:
http://www.zinnfiguren-martin-hille.de/shop/show.php?main_kat=1&kategorie=6&nr=
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 03:24:17 AM »
I agree.  These guys are more Austria-Hungary than WWI. 
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline brynolf

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 07:17:05 AM »
Judging from their weaponry, I'd say they are meant to be Imperial guardos from that waros hammeros game I have heard so much about...  :D
Nice models, but I don't get the real Bauhaus vibes from them.