Author Topic: How easy is it (or not) to find this site?  (Read 12116 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
How easy is it (or not) to find this site?
« on: November 28, 2007, 04:51:46 PM »
I have tried to search for this site on those occassions where I have found myslef at a different PC.  I can never remember the address, and find it difficult to find via a simple search.  I consider myself pretty net-savvy, but I am wondering if we could be attracting more people by making the site easier to find on the web, somehow.

Suggestions? Comments? Jeers and general statements on my net skills or lack thereof?
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: How easy is it (or not) to find this site?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 05:04:07 PM »
Learned this when I was having to stay in hotels on business trips. Go to Google and search for Excelsior Entertainment Forum. The forum addy should be in one of the first few hits that come up.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 05:05:08 PM »
yeah, that is true..

normally, i google: "chronopia"

this is a direct hit on chronopia deutschland (coki)

there is a link to this forum.. ;) ;)
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 08:09:51 PM »
OK yes. We can all scrounge around until we find it because we know what we are looking for.  But, I agree with McGee (Don't get used to it  ;)) Random people looking for MC or Chrono sites are not finding us. 

I'm told we have attracted a few new memebers over my last hiatus.  Perhaps they can chime in on this and tell us how they found us.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Daikoku

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 10:47:43 AM »
I always google Talaminatures myself.  Maybe we need a forum name that stands out from all the net 'static' out there.  Also promotion to the other search engines out there probably wouldn't hurt, but it might induce a new wave of spammers.

Just some thoughts.

Life is a mountain, death is a feather, duty is all  -  Mishiman Proverb

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 10:58:46 AM »
I oringinally found this site by spending copious amounts of time going from pg to pg on ggogle.  Now I go to chronopia world (thanks to Coki) if I'm at another PC.  It would be nice to find a way to "advertise" Chronopia and Warzone.  I have thought about puting a link the next time I sell some Chronopia stuff on ebay.  I didn't know how that would go over with the community, so I haven't done it yet.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 01:59:04 PM »
It's never bad to attract fans to the forum.  I would think that if someone is buying models on Ebay, unless they are a store, then they should be a fan.  I would say go for it.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 03:39:52 PM »
Quote from: Daikoku link=topic=4409.msg28519#msg28519 date=
I always google Talaminatures myself.  Maybe we need a forum name that stands out from all the net 'static' out there.  Also promotion to the other search engines out there probably wouldn't hurt, but it might induce a new wave of spammers.

Just some thoughts.

With three new Admins, spammers should be a lot less frequent.  Keep up the good work guys.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline brynolf

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 03:55:11 PM »
I din't know the place existed until someone told me on TMP.

It feels a bit secret... you know, when you google your way here (if you succed), you get to the login page, and that page doesn't reveal much about what's inside here. Quite closed to outsiders. Cousy once you're in, but not a good way to attract more people.

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 05:10:11 PM »
yes, thats right!

btw. on wiki there is a direct link to here, so...
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 05:12:15 PM »
I din't know the place existed until someone told me on TMP.

It feels a bit secret... you know, when you google your way here (if you succed), you get to the login page, and that page doesn't reveal much about what's inside here. Quite closed to outsiders. Cousy once you're in, but not a good way to attract more people.

Thanks for sharing your story brynolf.  That's what I thought, we don't have the light on for all the ships that are lost at sea!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 05:40:40 PM »
I tell anyone who mentions Warzone on TMP or any other web page I go to. I will add it to my TMP profile page but I don't know any other way to get the word out than mention the site whenever or where-ever the games is mentioned as we travel the internet highway. I guess we could all add it to our ebay profile pages but I'm not sure how many people look at those anyway.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 05:54:08 PM »
Excellent suggestions, Top.  Karma to you, sir.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 07:00:04 PM »
Added our addy to my TMP Proile page and my signature at Armorcast.com

We'll see if it helps any

Offline brynolf

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2007, 04:35:04 AM »
I think thee are a few people out there googling for "warzone forums" and stuff like that. I know I have... The login page should have a logo and a little information, so you know what this site is all about. And why not let guests view the forums too?