Author Topic: Classic Mutant chronicles models?  (Read 5362 times)

Offline brynolf

Classic Mutant chronicles models?
« on: November 23, 2007, 04:12:28 AM »
Before Warzone 1st ed was released, Target had Heartbreaker create a series of metal models for the MC RPG. I have a couple of them (a not too appealing undead legioraire, a horrible and huge Capitol infantrist and a pretty nice necromutant that I have seen on pics here on this forum).

Is there a list somewhere over these models, preferrably with pictures? I find especially the Brotherhood ones totally ok, often better than Prow's frogs. I'd like to know how many were made. I suppose the models are very rare these days, especially outside of Sweden, but still... just curious.

Offline CmdrKiley

• Mini Art of War
Re: Classic Mutant chronicles models?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 08:24:09 PM »
I've accumulated a few of them.

Imperial Doomtroopers - 1 Golden Lion with the Imperial Plasma Rifle (not the Cartel PC-606 Hellstorm) and 1 Wolvesbane w. Claymore
Freelancers - A pair of freelancers one armed with a pair of Interceptor SMGs, and the other with a pair of Aggressor Pistols (I use these guys as Cartel Agents).
Nepharite w. Assault Rifle - This guy has a serpent head and is no bigger than most humans
Undead Legionaire - A pretty nice UL crouching w. Assault rifle.
Undead Legionaire w. Close Combat Weapon - A not so nice looking UL with a saw blade on one arm and a pistol in the other (I use them for a Cadavers)
Necromutant - Probably one of my favorites, I like him better than some of the more recent sculpts.  His rifle is pretty large for his size and the bayonet is even larger.
Brotherhood Inquisitors - Two Brotherhood types, one with a rifle and the other with a Book of Light and a pistol.

There's another figure I got loose that I can't identify.  He's a human holding Deathlokdrum in a very unrealistic way, both hands and the back of the weapon.  I suppose if the rest of it was laying on a wall of sandbags or something.

There were several other blisters I've seen on eBay but got outbid on them every time.

Nepharite w. Gehenna Puker - looked like you're classic nepharite of algeroth armed with a Gehenna Puker
Cybertronic Doomtroopers - couldn't make out what they looked like
Mishima Doomtroopers- couldn't make out what they looked like
Back in my day we didn't have that fancy non-toxic pewter stuff.  We played with lead, LEAD I TELL YA! and we liked it.

Offline pinksuezo

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 10:58:32 PM »
i think these r some of them:
http://www.liniafrontu.ehost.pl/index.php?galeria=37

though i cant find the pics of them i have, the brotherhood inquisitors looked more like wh40k eldar warriors than brotherhood warriors.
REPORT HERESY. IT'S YOUR DUTY.

In Nomine Cardinalis

Offline brynolf

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 05:34:04 AM »
Yay, thanks! Bless the Poles!  ;D That mega-ezoghoul looks yummy, must be that enlarged SotC-model, right? Looks way better than the WZ metal one.

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 08:49:01 AM »
The mezaghoul is indeed an enlarged SoTC model.  Stands about a foot hight.  Very impressive size wise.  I'll get around to painting mine...someday...

Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline brynolf

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 02:37:48 PM »
a foot hight.

Er... ok, damn I was hoping it would be as big as a "normal" ezoghoul...

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 03:18:54 PM »
Brynolf just go to my mezoghoul post and you'll see the size of the model. ;D
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline brynolf

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 03:56:00 PM »
Ah, I found some pics on the Brotherhood figures... they are further down on this page. I think they look very nice. Note the "lesser napharite", a pretty decent model, too.

http://greywolf.critter.net/gallery/minigallery.htm

Offline Christof

• Linia Frontu
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 03:58:49 AM »
"The URL http://greywolf.critter.net/gallery/minigallery.htm was blocked, it is in the Restricted Erotic / Sex category." :D damn eSafe :D

I have some more of those old minis still in blisters. I'll try take photos of them next week and put in gallery along with proper names and stock numbers.
Damn I just realised I put the same Cybertronic Doomtroper twice :/
LINIA FRONTU - Ultimate Warzone Website
my wargaming blog

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 04:31:54 AM »
Brynolf just go to my mezoghoul post and you'll see the size of the model. ;D

you can see some good pix of the giant _Mezaghoul_ in this thread:
http://forum54.oli.us/index.php?topic=2762.0

oh, and he is ~16 cm from base to head, and ~24 cm from base to sword-tip
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 04:35:58 AM by NoTrollNick »
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 05:09:00 PM »
I have a few more that didn't make it to that page - but they do have most of them there. I really liked that old version of the Valkyries...I used them for most of the time I played. The bulky Tim Prow versions just weren't as "feminine" or appealing...
Arch Nemesis of the Pathetically Correct
Ebay Handle: Alpha-Male

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2007, 08:21:16 PM »
I'm using them as Decurions for my Valkyries.  They looked odd when I mixed them in with my Vestals so I had to buy one to round them out and two more blisters of Valkyries to be legal but I think it's worth it.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline CmdrKiley

• Mini Art of War
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 09:31:18 PM »
Yes I found I had more of those old MC era Valkyries.  I use them to bulk up my Valkyrie/Vestal Force.

I pretty much use the old Prow sculpts for their castigators, the rest I use for scrap metal.  They look like armored gorillas. :(
Back in my day we didn't have that fancy non-toxic pewter stuff.  We played with lead, LEAD I TELL YA! and we liked it.