Author Topic: Wedge's Friend's Capitol and Dark Legion Armies for Sale  (Read 12696 times)

Wedge

Re: Wedge's Friend's Capitol and Dark Legion Armies for Sale
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2007, 11:28:10 PM »
The Capitol Army has now been bought.  The Dark Legion Army is still up for sale.

Wedge

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2007, 11:30:42 PM »
Gravel,

I am not sure what you mean about labelling the different Dark Legion Models.  I have a very detailed list in the first post of the email.  What more information are you looking for.

Offline brynolf

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2007, 02:55:07 AM »
Darn!

Offline Gravel

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2007, 10:43:42 AM »
Gravel,

I am not sure what you mean about labelling the different Dark Legion Models.  I have a very detailed list in the first post of the email.  What more information are you looking for.

I meant writing names on the figures themselves (maybe on the bases) so I would know what each figure is.  But it's alright if it's too much trouble.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2007, 11:10:08 AM »
I meant writing names on the figures themselves (maybe on the bases) so I would know what each figure is.  But it's alright if it's too much trouble.

Gravel -

I saw this just as I was about to grab a bite of lunch. When I get back I will identify the figs in the DL pix.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2007, 12:58:58 PM »
Okay I'm back - man, I love homemade soup on a cold rainy day.  ;D

Now for Operation DL Introduction.

Pic 4
Both squads pictured here are DL Acolytes from the DL Cult list. The cultists have an AR and  pistol. In additon, each squad has one HMG Spec and the guy with the sword is the Squad Leader.

Pic 5
Row 1: (from left to right) Billy the Heretic, DL Cult Personality / the other 3 figs I don't recognize (I'm so ashamed)  :'(
Row 2: (from left to right) Sacristans from the DL Cult list. They have a Destroyer as a squad leader, but that fig is not in this row. It is the next row.
Row 3: (from left to right) Destroyers from the DL CUlt list. The two in the middle are usually used as Sqd Leaders. Not pictured are a different pose with a sword in hand.
Row 4: (from left to right) I recognize the fig but am having a HUB (Head Up Butt) moment trying to remember the name.  ???

Pic 6
Row 1: (from left to right) The first two are Necromutants, the third fig is a Supreme Necromagus, and the fourth is a Technomancer
Row 2: (from left to right) I think the first fig is a crewmember of the cannon in the next row. Next to him is a Centurion and then 3 x Praetorian Stalkers.
Row 3: (from left to right) The Unholy Carrionade support cannon. Next to it are two crew members. The last 3 figs are Immaculate Furies.
Row 4: (from left to right) The Big Fuglies. On the left is the Mercurian Maculator and on the right is the Praetorian Beahemoth.

If you want to know the weapons each is carrying I can do it but that would take longer and require me to check a few of them against the book. I hope this helps Gravel.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2007, 01:18:32 PM »
Topkick Pic 5 Row 1 the 3 are Scions and Row 4 are Brass Apocalypts both are from the Illian list. ;D
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2007, 01:26:50 PM »
Topkick Pic 5 Row 1 the 3 are Scions and Row 4 are Brass Apocalypts both are from the Illian list. ;D

That explains it as the only guy in our group that plays Ilian is Coldthunder and he is currently fielding other forces. I thought the Scions only were sculpted with sickles - didn't realize some of them had guns. As for the Apocolypts - thanks for the Head/Butt -ectomy.

Offline Gravel

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2007, 05:04:03 PM »
Wow, thanks Topkick.

Wedge

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2007, 09:03:24 PM »
Thanks for the assist TK.  So, Gravel are you still interested in the DL?  If so send me a PM and I will let my friend Bob know.

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2007, 09:08:19 AM »
Good to see that they find a home. The painted stuff looks quite decent from what I can see. These two deals are real bargains at that price.

Wedge

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2007, 02:35:08 PM »
Yeah, the Capitol stuff is nicely done.  THe pics are poor, but I know they are pretty decent.  He got them off ebay a long time ago from someone who took care in painting them.  They won't win any awards but they were way better than anything he could paint at the time.   ;D

I found out he is keeping only his Moo-guy army which of course includes a bunch of DL that I painted for him.  Thus, nothing in the DL is painted by me... can't promise that they are great paintjobs.  He followed that recipe that Kevlar posted a long time ago.  In a nutshell, he primed them black, dry-brushed them with white, leaving all the nooks and crannys still black, and then dry brush again over the white with the colors he wanted for the miniatures.  Then he did some minor detailing.  He did a decent job, just not the kind of effort I would put forth.  Even if you don't keep the paintjobs--the sheer volume of pewter he is selling at that price is a heck of a deal.  :o

Wedge

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2007, 03:51:01 PM »
Gravel and Warzone D:

My friend Bob says that he did not receive any emails from either of you, OR the base server blocked them.  Please email him at his home address instead: bigdogtrebor@yahoo.com

He is ready to discuss sales with you both!

Offline Gravel

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2007, 04:58:13 PM »

Sorry, I still have not made up my mind on this yet.  If your friend has found another would-be buyer then he can go ahead and selll it.

Wedge

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2007, 07:54:30 AM »

Sorry, I still have not made up my mind on this yet.  If your friend has found another would-be buyer then he can go ahead and selll it.

He hasn't yet because he was waiting to hear from you.  Send him an email and let him know that you are or are not interested.