Author Topic: New Recruits for Cybertronic?  (Read 10862 times)

Offline Jase

Re: New Recruits for Cybertronic?
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2007, 01:12:19 PM »
Close up pic seems to show the crabgun as part organic as well. Could work as a Dark Legion nasty as a well...

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2007, 12:01:08 AM »
remove the guns, get a Tecron Warmaster  :o
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2007, 09:41:07 AM »
I think it fills the bill for the Cancer gun. Multi-legged with claws and gun. ;)
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2007, 11:47:41 AM »
but the torso isnīt so nice..

the legs are nice, though and the claws.
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2007, 03:28:34 PM »
Granted the fact that it is a crab and the Cybertronic MMG is called the Cancer which has the zodiac symbol of a crab makes for a nice tongue in cheek moment, but the fig does not match the description or the overall fusion of man and machine concept of Cybertronic. More an ironic representation than an iconic one.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 11:53:30 PM »
Agreed, but it has all the parts I have been looking for to build my proxy out of.  Merge that base (with some clever re-organizing) with a Metropolis Warmachine top and viola!

Incidentally, does anyone have any extra punisher pistols?
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2007, 08:37:52 PM »
Don't think so Veez but if I run across them I'll put them with the ohter stuff I am holding for you.

BTW - Southpaw and I were brainstorming and if they are the right size then the figs with the flight packs might make a good 19th Silent proxy. Just need to replace the arms with 40K Marine Scout shotgun arms and maybe a head swap but then again maybe not. Any thoughts?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2007, 09:29:18 PM »
I think that would be do-able, but I was going to use the Landsraad figs from Cyclopes Forge.  I think they are a little closer.

Still, not being able to acces this site (yet) makes me have to ask what the release schedule on these guys is?
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2007, 10:16:45 AM »
 It looks like these will be very popular with members of this forum.I hope they come out soon.

Offline CmdrKiley

• Mini Art of War
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2007, 10:21:26 AM »
Wow that is cool!

Ironically I made my Cancer Mounted HMG from plastic bitz from another Russian plastic model company Tehnolog.

Back in my day we didn't have that fancy non-toxic pewter stuff.  We played with lead, LEAD I TELL YA! and we liked it.

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2007, 02:10:13 PM »
 I found this picture and thought it would fit in here.

http://www.liniafrontu.ehost.pl/showpic.php?foto=galerie/duze/2226_1_96.jpg

Offline brynolf

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2007, 03:51:45 PM »
They seem more like Void substitutes, but sure, some of them could be usable as... say, mirrormen or maybe people's volunteers?

Offline CmdrKiley

• Mini Art of War
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2007, 09:34:32 PM »
I found this picture and thought it would fit in here.

http://www.liniafrontu.ehost.pl/showpic.php?foto=galerie/duze/2226_1_96.jpg

Wow!  That's exactly what I had in mind when I read the description.  I'd almost swear that was the concept art for the non-existant official model.
Back in my day we didn't have that fancy non-toxic pewter stuff.  We played with lead, LEAD I TELL YA! and we liked it.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2007, 03:11:05 AM »
Seeing as how Liniafrontu at one point called itself the "ultimate Warzone website" I'd say it was more than just coincidence.  I know I am suddenly filled with ideas!

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2007, 06:20:16 AM »
 Just posting a new link to the site as it seems to have been updated.

http://zv-desant.ru/?set=9

I have spoken with a model supplier in the UK and he said when he asked the Rep about these miniatures,the Rep had no idea as to when they were due in the UK or outside of Russia.