Author Topic: Anyone else thinks Capitol Light Infantry 'hats' look dumb?  (Read 22167 times)

Offline CmdrKiley

• Mini Art of War
Re: Anyone else thinks Capitol Light Infantry 'hats' look dumb?
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2007, 10:21:08 PM »
I like the Light Infantry hats myself.

For making additional Airborne Rangers, I used Desert Scorpions.  The helmets and overall build is about the same.  I just snipped of the silencer on the barrels, gound off the scorpion on the shoulder pads, and put a small backpack on in place of the sword/scabbard.  After that, they fit in perfect with my existing ARs.
Back in my day we didn't have that fancy non-toxic pewter stuff.  We played with lead, LEAD I TELL YA! and we liked it.

Offline Gravel

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2007, 03:30:00 PM »

My first Heavy Infantry figures finally arrived and I think I'm just going to buy another set of those and convert them to Airborne Rangers.  Again, they pretty much have the same equipment, so I think I'll just replace Heavy Infantry heads with 40K Cadians.

Offline brynolf

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2007, 01:53:05 AM »
I like them. The Light infantry is amongst the coolest Capitol models if you ask me. It is a bit of a shame that everyone has the hats, though. It's like they were standard issue, part of the uniform. They probably fit better on the Rangers, but what the hey...

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2007, 04:56:10 PM »
It's all just a matter of taste. I personally think the LI look great....
Arch Nemesis of the Pathetically Correct
Ebay Handle: Alpha-Male