Author Topic: Scythe of Semai  (Read 6838 times)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Scythe of Semai
« on: November 01, 2007, 03:27:22 PM »
After the HMG posting I looked at the Scythe and I dont know if we brought this up already, but on page 481 under Scythe of Semai it states you can mount a Carcass UBGL or a Hindenburg LFT to the weapon. Also on the same page under Carcass GL it states can be mounted to the Scythe.  So can we add these?
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Re: Scythe of Semai
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 03:57:07 PM »
After the HMG posting I looked at the Scythe and I dont know if we brought this up already, but on page 481 under Scythe of Semai it states you can mount a Carcass UBGL or a Hindenburg LFT to the weapon. Also on the same page under Carcass GL it states can be mounted to the Scythe.  So can we add these?

Hmmm....

Considering it is in two weapon fluff pieces, I could agree to seeing it on the Scythe.  It's only a point plus the cost of a grenade.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 07:28:46 PM »
And to further clarify, because of being smote by Dave...

While I could see it having one, play the unit as it is, not as you would like ti to be. :)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 04:31:39 AM »
There are alot of errors in the book and as far as fluff, I condider the story before each army and back ground of units to be fluff. I personally think that info in the armory section should be an accurate description of the weapon. The Scythe says  it has a blade and can mount a carcass UBGL or LFT. For the 1st 2 editions the weapon was a HMG/Blade/FT. The reason I ask this is because the Deathlockdrum which was a HMG/GL in the 1st 2 editions had the GL removed from its description for the 3rd so yes it does'nt have it know, but the scythe states it has a blade and can mount a GL/LFT and under the GL it states it can be mounted on the Scythe. I'd like to have the FAQ's group take a look and see what they think.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 02:03:45 PM »
Quote from: Archer link=topic=4319.msg27610#msg27610 date=

While I could see it having one, play the unit as it is, not as you would like ti to be. :)

I smote not.  I merely try to present an opposing view (sometimes playing devils' advocate just so that opposing views are considered), bud.  ;)
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 05:08:18 PM »
Quote from: Archer link=topic=4319.msg27610#msg27610 date=

I smote not.  I merely try to present an opposing view (sometimes playing devils' advocate just so that opposing views are considered), bud.  ;)

And sometimes I wanna beat my head into a wall 'cause of your stubborn obstinate Irishman stances...  but it's ok.  Yer still my friend. :)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 08:13:32 AM »
Does the weapon have a blade? Can the GL or LFT be added? Or is the armory section wrong in both locations.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 04:13:51 AM »

All of the armories in the book are pure fluff, with none of them providing any stats, whatsoever.  The final word regarding stats and loadouts is the Weapons and Equipment section, (pp 120-146).  According to the entry in this section for the Scythe, (p. 134) it may not mount any loadouts.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!