Author Topic: Christmas wishes  (Read 22121 times)

Offline Anubis31

• Administrator
  • Exclesior Staff/Design
    • Excelsior Entertainment
Re: Christmas wishes
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2005, 10:26:04 AM »
Dear The_Man

Below are answers to you questions.

1) Release Cerulean Mists. I know it's somewhere "in the art and layout phase", so that shouldn't be much of a problem to get it printed and shipped to put under all Chronopia fans Christmas tree. And of course, it would prove that it is a bit realer than Duke Nukem Forever ;o)
CM- As you stated it is in the art/layout/page design phase......There will be a 4 page preview in the upcoming Fictional Reality. Exlcusive to them. As for getting the book out for Christmas..... Would you rather the book be done properly or rushed and thrown together. I would think you would want a nice book with outstanding rules and fun game play.  

2) Transform all the green to which there where allusions this year into real lead minis, and put them on sale on the website. And make them ship before Christmas. That's the way the money comes in! There are new greens that will be released as metal with in the week. Cavielars, Heavy Cavaliers, Survailer, Machinatior HMG, as well as at least 4-5 minis for chronopia.

3) Give at least a valuable newspiece a day until Christmas, to compensate for the lack of regular communication all along the year. For example, photos of upcoming minis, actual mini release, shots of the pre-production CM prints (just to prove it does exist), updates on Mars: World at War, and so on. Given matters which I will not bring up on the forum but will state that there were both personal matters for myself as well as personal matters for thom that took some time away from getting news on the site as regular as we had it back in Aug-Oct. Things should be catching up again. As for your comment on the lack of communication all year long... Well I havent been there a year so what ever occured before I was there I can not answer for. But We have a new site, New store, New minis, New well just about everthing has been reworked to bring things together and make EE as good as we can.

4) Release the novels you hinted about. Yes, there's at least one person in the world remembering this ;o) See Answer to Question 3

5) Talk about Sea of Swords and Argosy. Give concrete info about them, for example if they are really being worked on or just "another great idea thrown about". [color=Red]Due to other matters that have come up (store hack in july, store rebuild in aug, getting regular new releases, CM ect. We have decided for the moment to place these on the back burner. This does not mean that they are dead and gone it just means that for the titme we are working on other things for our lines

6) Think of the players who do not live in the Philly area. Or in the US for that matter. Those who are not able to stop at the shop, find an EE retailer  in their area or phone affordably to EE's office. Which takes you back to point 3. Very good point. We are working on getting more news out for retailers as well as players, we have a new catalog in the works as we speak, This is projected to be ready in january. It will be available to both retailers as printed as well as to customers as a pdf download.

7) Release a company info page on the website. You promised to be more transparent about EE's internal functionning; today we have a Anubis31 posting on the forum without hint of what his task is, and we think Thom might still be alive, and the office are in the factory, so that's a 1.5 person company working in a disaffected industrial area of Philadelphia.  Company info page on the site is being designed and will include EEs office and manufaturing staff as well as our extensive crusader staff. This will help in painting a face on all the names that have been thrown around. As for what I do. Well this has been posted on this forum many times as well as on the EE website and other forums.  I do graphic design, manufacturing, and a lot of other things for EE. Thom is alive and well. His health has been up and down but I will not get into that matter but do be considerate when making assumptions about current matters. You tread in areas that you do not know much about. ( like your post on the Mutant Chronicles movie matter and Paradox)

8 ) This is a lesser point, and could be postponed to January 2006: give us an update on the Mutant Chronicles brand state. We now know about the film, are you involved into it? If not, did at least Paradox told you about it before inking the deal? Do you know of any other plan from Paradox about it? You konw as much about the movie as we do. We sent a good amount of matterials to them for review and referance.

Offline Catinator

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2005, 05:48:01 AM »
"There will be a 4 page preview in the upcoming Fictional Reality. Exlcusive to them. "

Fictional Reality is out!!! I`m affraid they`ve left it out.  :'(
Please contact them to put it in, or post it on the website.

They should be reminded Excelsior is still there....  ;)

Greetings,

Catinator

Offline Anubis31

• Administrator
  • Exclesior Staff/Design
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2005, 07:02:23 AM »
Yes, we are aware of this. It is not Fictional realties mix up. It was due in part to tech issues on our end and the file was not emailing to him for some reason it just didnt make it .  We will work on getting the preview up on the site but as of right now we are aiming on getting it in the issue of fictional realty with more info. We will keep you updated.

given its the week before christmas we need to deal with the holiday orders and getting them out in time.

Jon

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2005, 07:32:36 AM »
No problem dude, it's a hectic time for everyone.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline Anubis31

• Administrator
  • Exclesior Staff/Design
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2005, 08:42:23 AM »
Thank you, Its nice when people can understand.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2005, 09:03:49 AM »
Rock on, JP.  Rock on.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2005, 09:34:09 AM »
A the credit union, we have tons of people coming in every day basically emptying out their accounts to pay for the holidays. Lots of work for us, lots of stress for them.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline tHe_MaN

• MutantChronicles.net - French community MC website
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2005, 02:25:10 AM »
There are new greens that will be released as metal with in the week. Cavielars, Heavy Cavaliers, Survailer, Machinatior HMG, as well as at least 4-5 minis for chronopia.
Sorry, I must have missed something. Which week were you talking about?

You tread in areas that you do not know much about.
That was precisely the subject of the question: I know almost nothing about EE, and I wish to know more.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2005, 08:13:50 AM »
There are new greens that will be released as metal with in the week. Cavielars, Heavy Cavaliers, Survailer, Machinatior HMG, as well as at least 4-5 minis for chronopia.
Sorry, I must have missed something. Which week were you talking about?

You tread in areas that you do not know much about.
That was precisely the subject of the question: I know almost nothing about EE, and I wish to know more.

I will tell you something about EE. Thom and Co are some of the best people on this planet but like all people sometimes life kicks them in the teeth. Like all quality people they deal with adversity by doing their best rather than using their problems as an excuse. Unfortunately while they carry on in silence some people refuse to understand and make their life difficult. Still they soldier on. I respect them and support them in this.

I know about some of the difficulties Thom has been dealing with and I am 100% in his corner as always. I also respect his privacy. I ask all forum members and visitors to respect him and the EE crew as well. As for the Philly Crew and Thom personally - I am one phone call away if you need to talk, vent, cuss or cry. Merry Christmas Big Kahuna and Happy Holidays to all the Kahuna-ites who soldier on. Thanks to you all.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline tHe_MaN

• MutantChronicles.net - French community MC website
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2006, 12:45:32 PM »
Regarding my Christmas wishes, the end of 2005 has been pretty poor...

I'll however make a promise for the new year: from now on I'll stop complaining about EE on the forum ;o)

I may resume in 2007 if no Mishima mini is released during the course of the year, but that's still far, far away (if not a long time ago ;o).

Offline Anubis31

• Administrator
  • Exclesior Staff/Design
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2006, 11:44:53 AM »
Thank you for that,
There has been a lot of curve balls thrown EEs way and we are doing our best to keep this wonderful system and game going. All understanding and continual support is greatly appreciated

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2006, 02:06:15 PM »
I will tell you something about EE. Thom and Co are some of the best people on this planet but like all people sometimes life kicks them in the teeth. Like all quality people they deal with adversity by doing their best rather than using their problems as an excuse. Unfortunately while they carry on in silence some people refuse to understand and make their life difficult. Still they soldier on. I respect them and support them in this.

I know about some of the difficulties Thom has been dealing with and I am 100% in his corner as always. I also respect his privacy. I ask all forum members and visitors to respect him and the EE crew as well. As for the Philly Crew and Thom personally - I am one phone call away if you need to talk, vent, cuss or cry. Merry Christmas Big Kahuna and Happy Holidays to all the Kahuna-ites who soldier on. Thanks to you all.

I can, personally, say that I am aware of the teeth-kicking of which Top speaks.  As for any other setbacks, I treat them as I do all setbacks.  If I have any amount of control over it, I make it better.  If I have no control over a situation, I accept it.  I hope that I continue to know the difference. (yeah, it's a paraphrase of the Serenity Prayer, but it fits most aspects of life - go figure)
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!